• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reuse Oakley Frame for New Prescription / Lenses?

brewc

Oakley Expert
276 of Virginia
Ok have a few questions hopefully Hardaway and others can advise me.
So is it better to get some new Oakley RX at a O store with RX or just get online or Lenscrafters?
I wear contacts 90% of the time.
Last year I got glasses and sunglasses and my left eye changed right stayed same in check up couple months ago so I need new ones. I’m near sighted and have decided I’m not going to get progressive lens this time just go single vision for both.
Is it any cheaper to reuse the glasses frame as that’s what I decide to get again (Airdrop) I got Flak xl last time and looking to go with Flak 2.0 xl this time Prizm Sapphire polarized tint. Is all the extra’s necessary anti scratch etc as LensCrafters is the actual closest place to go just hate it’s a different state and double sales tax

Ok have a few questions hopefully Hardaway and others can advise me.
So is it better to get some new Oakley RX at a O store with RX or just get online or Lenscrafters?
I wear contacts 90% of the time.
Last year I got glasses and sunglasses and my left eye changed right stayed same in check up couple months ago so I need new ones. I’m near sighted and have decided I’m not going to get progressive lens this time just go single vision for both.
Is it any cheaper to reuse the glasses frame as that’s what I decide to get again (Airdrop) I got Flak xl last time and looking to go with Flak 2.0 xl this time Prizm Sapphire polarized tint. Is all the extra’s necessary anti scratch etc as LensCrafters is the actual closest place to go just hate it’s a different state and double sales tax
If you do Oakley rx then yes. Anti glare and anti scratch are systematically included. As well as digitally surfaced (free formed) Polycarbonate lenses. That being said if you pick an optical Oakley frame (non sunglasses) you can select to have lenses made by an outside lab.

Chris, is Oakley cheaper for the actual lens for the glasses? When Ingot those last year I got LensCrafters lens and frames were half off still $500 for those.
As for the sunglasses I have 5 flak frames so I just went lens only and they still charged $450 and could never get an answer why those were so much.
Just trying to figure if it’s cheaper to get both through Oakley

Chris, is Oakley cheaper for the actual lens for the glasses? When Ingot those last year I got LensCrafters lens and frames were half off still $500 for those.
As for the sunglasses I have 5 flak frames so I just went lens only and they still charged $450 and could never get an answer why those were so much.
Just trying to figure if it’s cheaper to get both through Oakley
Oakley has msrp ... it's same price everywhere for the same Oakley lenses. As mentioned it's only cheaper if there is a sale, or you get generic brand lenses for your Oakley airdrop. I can do cheaper Polycarbonate lenses without coatings for $99 on an airdrop. Pm your PD Measurement and RX copy for more details. Yes Oakley lenses in 400$range is totally normal for flak 2.0 xl.

Back