• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Elite for M Frame review. (Mframeboss)

Would you buy aftermarket lens

• Yes

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice. I have several Lenses from Revant and yes they do make the Xmetal ones bought the Elite Polarized Fire Red MirrorShield for the Romeo which have turned out great.

I do wish that they would make more of there Elites in different colors and an option to get them without polarization which is something I have contacted them about too. But all in all for glasses have hard to find lens replacements these have been very good.

Nice review Boss. I have two sets for my HJ 1.0 frames. Best replacements for that particular frame. A bit too expensive to use for other frames that can still get donors/new lenses for.

Only issue I’ve had with the HJ 1.0 are light stress marks along the top of the frame, assuming the lens was cut a tiny bit larger? Otherwise their Ice and Bronze Mirrorflash Elite Lenses are excellent. Love em for running and biking

I purchased multiple Elite lenses for my Split Jackets (Fire Red, Ice Blue, Tracer Rose, Tracer Orange, Titanium and Stealth Black). I have had no problems at all so far. I am still getting used to polarized lenses but I can get over the effects quickly. The iridium is very nice on all of the lenses. I love the color contrast effects that the Elite lenses provide. These lenses have made my Split Jackets my go to, all around pair of sunglasses again.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

I ordered a set of the elite polarized lenses last week. They arrived defective with what Revant called "delamination of the lens". I was pretty disappointed, but their customer service took care of me very quickly. They are sending me a new set of lenses as of today. Hopefully they will be good to go. I have a set of Nanowire 4.0 that I need some replacement lenses for as well that I had planned to buy from Revant. Just have to see how it goes.

Nice. I have several Lenses from Revant and yes they do make the Xmetal ones bought the Elite Polarized Fire Red MirrorShield for the Romeo which have turned out great.

I do wish that they would make more of there Elites in different colors and an option to get them without polarization which is something I have contacted them about too. But all in all for glasses have hard to find lens replacements these have been very good.

Nice review Boss. I have two sets for my HJ 1.0 frames. Best replacements for that particular frame. A bit too expensive to use for other frames that can still get donors/new lenses for.

Only issue I’ve had with the HJ 1.0 are light stress marks along the top of the frame, assuming the lens was cut a tiny bit larger? Otherwise their Ice and Bronze Mirrorflash Elite Lenses are excellent. Love em for running and biking

I purchased multiple Elite lenses for my Split Jackets (Fire Red, Ice Blue, Tracer Rose, Tracer Orange, Titanium and Stealth Black). I have had no problems at all so far. I am still getting used to polarized lenses but I can get over the effects quickly. The iridium is very nice on all of the lenses. I love the color contrast effects that the Elite lenses provide. These lenses have made my Split Jackets my go to, all around pair of sunglasses again.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

Sorry I haven't responded for some reason I quit getting alerts. Anyway to the guy with the defective lens I have heard there customer service is amazing. @Dullisc and @thisguy I feel the same about polarization but it seems like more and more Oakley lens are going to polarization. @Zax they are a expensive but IMO they are worth the money.

Glad to hear they've done away with the "Elite" etching. That is the main reason I refused to buy that line. I usually opted for the polarized or their regular lenses depending on the color i wanted.

I've purchased from them when they were still Visionary Lenses and after when they changed their name to Revant Optics. Their lenses were horrible in the beginning, but their lenses have gotten progressively better over the years and I think that's because of a supplier change. From their own "About Us" page, it seems like they just buy blanks and then custom cut. The worst were their VL polarized lenses. I got headaches after wearing them for only a short while. I ditched them real quick. I wasn't alone in this: VL Replacement Lenses

I decided to give them another shot years later because my dad needed some sunglasses while he played tennis. I had a spare pair of Flaks and decided to get him some Revant Polarized lenses after a few people here said they weren't as bad as they used to be. I tried them out before giving them to my dad and I was pleasantly surprised the polarization was much better than before. Not as clear as Oakley lenses, but now they were at least decent. My dad is still using them for tennis these days.

I've since bought additional lenses from Revant and have found they're comfortable enough to wear. I'm curious how their Elite lenses are, but a little shy to pull the trigger from the high price tag, which borders on the price of Oakley factory lenses.

Glad to hear they've done away with the "Elite" etching. That is the main reason I refused to buy that line. I usually opted for the polarized or their regular lenses depending on the color i wanted.

I've purchased from them when they were still Visionary Lenses and after when they changed their name to Revant Optics. Their lenses were horrible in the beginning, but their lenses have gotten progressively better over the years and I think that's because of a supplier change. From their own "About Us" page, it seems like they just buy blanks and then custom cut. The worst were their VL polarized lenses. I got headaches after wearing them for only a short while. I ditched them real quick. I wasn't alone in this: VL Replacement Lenses

I decided to give them another shot years later because my dad needed some sunglasses while he played tennis. I had a spare pair of Flaks and decided to get him some Revant Polarized lenses after a few people here said they weren't as bad as they used to be. I tried them out before giving them to my dad and I was pleasantly surprised the polarization was much better than before. Not as clear as Oakley lenses, but now they were at least decent. My dad is still using them for tennis these days.

I've since bought additional lenses from Revant and have found they're comfortable enough to wear. I'm curious how their Elite lenses are, but a little shy to pull the trigger from the high price tag, which borders on the price of Oakley factory lenses.
I really enjoyed my elite series for the M Frame. I thought clarity was great and they adjust well to changes in lighting. The pair that were titanium where great for full sun and shade and became one of my favorite lens. Oakley doesn't release the heater often and still wish I had bought there throwback M's they released a few months ago.

Great rundown @M Frame Boss and looks like you got the hookup from them. I have asked a few others on these lenses and have always been a tad gunshy on the price tag on the elites. I have some Gascan S and have bought some icon lenses but will try the Elites in them!!!

Great rundown @M Frame Boss and looks like you got the hookup from them. I have asked a few others on these lenses and have always been a tad gunshy on the price tag on the elites. I have some Gascan S and have bought some icon lenses but will try the Elites in them!!!
Do it the elite series is worth it buddy at least with my M Frames. I just ordered a set of lens for my scar today and rubber kit for my straight jacket to try out. I'll update here since the lens for scars weren't the elite series.

@M Frame Boss I based my ordering off of this information. I wanted to get the best lenses I could.
Capture.PNG

Back