• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Maxgrip Rubber Kits

The glow pieces are intriguing me the most. Otherwise at that price without nosepieces for the Jawbone, I'm not sure about that price.

Also in that predicament where I wouldn't be wearing my sunglasses in the dark, but like, it seems like a cool piece :confused:

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone got the chance to try any of these out yet? Would love to hear any feedback you had if anyone picked up a pair, or even any future rubber kit recommendations you may have.

I'd be sure to get any feedback to the team to make sure we're looking into it! -Kevin

Hey guys, I was curious if anyone got the chance to try any of these out yet? Would love to hear any feedback you had if anyone picked up a pair, or even any future rubber kit recommendations you may have.

I'd be sure to get any feedback to the team to make sure we're looking into it! -Kevin
If you make them for xmetals, you'll have buyers. The majority of xmetals use the exact same ear socks and tshocks, so that part shouldn't be too expensive. They all more or less use different nose bombs though and those are usually quick to wear out.

Well, since the sock kit for the Flak jacket is still readily available in 7 colors on Oakley.com with the added fact that it's only $13, paying $12 ($18 for the Glow) for the Revant kit certainly isn't an attractive option. Revant also has the same/less color choices. I wear my flak jackets on a daily basis and am constantly buying replacement sock kits. I would be happy to try a pair and give some feedback on them if you want to ship a set to me :)

I also agree with digi7alph0enix. X Metal kits would easily sell as Oakley already discontinued them for all the models except for the Juliet and they only offer black ($10). That's only for the earsocks and the two sizes for the nose pads.

I've purchased several kits from Linegear, but their prices are a bit steep at $30. However, they're pretty decent in quality and the number of color options are attractive.

I'd also like to add that Revant prides itself on being the place to go to bring life back into frames that have damaged lenses and/or parts. If that's the case, how about looking into making replacement rubber for some older frames? I have a number of Splice frames that could use a color treatment on the rubber. I also have a pair of Scars that have missing nose pads.

Last edited:
@digi7alph0enix @SpliceD Thanks for the great feedback guys! All great points.

I'm going to chat with the team about all these things and see what we can do. I think it would be awesome to get these rubber kits available for X Metals as well as other older frames. I'll be sure to keep you updated! -Kevin

I agree having varying colors available for the Xmetal lines would be awesome. I would definitely buy 10 or more depending on color options.

Latest Posts

Back