• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Optics HC3 Elite Fuel Cell Lens Review

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
This review is for the Revant Optics HC3 Elite Fuel Cell Replacement Lenses. This is my third review of Revant Optics lenses and my second the HC3 Elite lenses. I took some time between my first Holbrook HC3 Elite Lens Review and this one in order to really test out the sense.

Full Disclosure: I was in need of some replacement lenses for my Frogskins and looked at Revant Optics. Revant Optics was nice enough to send us these HC3 Elite lensesfree since they were eager for us to try them, despite me telling them I would be brutally honest. Kudos to them for having confidence in their products, and a brave marketing team.

Below are the links to my previous two reviews:
Revant Optics HC3 Elite Holbrook Lens Review | Oakley Forum
Revant Optics Frogskins Polarized Lens Review | Oakley Forum

Ok, so overall these came with the same Revant HC3 Optics packaging including the Microfiber Bag:
Revant_Fuel_Cell_Elite.jpg
Revant_Optics_FuelCell_elite_lenses.jpg
Revant_Optics_Microfiber_bag.jpg

I tested these by popping these into a pair of Clear/Violet Iridium Fuel Cells. Check out below to see the comparison of the lenses vs. the Violet, specifically the iridium coating. In my opinion Violet Iridium has one of the strongest Iridium coatings, and these held up very well to them.
Revant_vs_Oakley_Lenses_2.JPG
Revant_vs_Oakley_Lenses_3.JPG
Revant_vs_Oakley_Lenses.JPG

So now for my long term impressions. Just like the first HC3 Elite Revant Lenses, I was very impressed with the clarity of these lenses. The biggest difference I see between these and standard Polarized lenses is the color that comes through. Usually in a pair of Black Iridium lenses, the blue in the sky and most other prominent colors become washed out. With the Elite lenses, I am constantly surprised by clarity and contrast even in very high light conditions.

After wearing these for the last 2 weeks, I won't say my life is changed. Is there that much of a difference between these and polarized when walking down the street? No, you may see a brighter color, but it doesn't have a huge effect on you.

I did see a large effect when I took these out for light game of football. I noticed that even looking directly into the sun, I could not only see the ball, but actual details of it. After that I can definitely see the applications of these lenses in sports and activities.

Check below for some more pics. Now let's open this up for some questions and comments!

Revan_Optics_Lenses_FuelCells.JPG

Revant_Optics_Fuel_Cell_Closeup.JPG

FuelCell_Revant_optics.jpg

Revant_Optics_FuelCell_Elite_Lenses_2.JPG

Was fit and ease of install same or similar to OEM?

Yeah, I popped them in and out a few times switching between Revant's and the Violet Iridiums. Very similar fit, simply "popped" both in, heard the confirming sound and was good to go. At first I honestly thought they weren't in because of how easy they went in, but I heard the "click" and realized they were good to go.

In threads on this site, I've not seen any mention of HC3 light transmission percentage.
It is interesting that they seem to be what we have been calling a "contrast" lens, more like Oakley's own
OO Black iridium polarized.

In threads on this site, I've not seen any mention of HC3 light transmission percentage.
It is interesting that they seem to be what we have been calling a "contrast" lens, more like Oakley's own
OO Black iridium polarized.

Revant's page says 8% and a neutral tint/base. It may or may not be perceptively as dark as regular BIP (which I believe is also 8%).

So would you buy them? I bought some holbrook purple polarized when they were a different named company maybe visionary lenses. They were polarized but man they felt thin. They were not elite & like i said it was before the name changed to revant.

So would you buy them? I bought some holbrook purple polarized when they were a different named company maybe visionary lenses. They were polarized but man they felt thin. They were not elite & like i said it was before the name changed to revant.
2 year old thread. But your question is yes, I buy some reverent lenses for color ways impossible to get custom cut and I am not disappointed, "huge difference" no, as he said then, all revnent lenses are good but not go out and swap all oakley lenses out good.

I have the Revant elite burnside black for my half jackets and I've been impressed as well.

Back