• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Optics HC3 Elite Mirrorshield Lens Review

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Previous I reviewed the Revant Optics HC3 Elite lenses, however they did not have mirrorshield coating. Now with the new lenses released, I wanted to test out the Mirrorshield coating and see how it stands up to Oakley's Iridium coating!

Check out my previous review here: Revant Optics HC3 Elite Holbrook Lens Review | Oakley Forum

Full Disclosure: As a sponsor of the forum, Revant reached out to us with the opportunity to try out these lenses. As always, I let Revant know that I would be unbiased in my review of these, despite receiving them for free. They still were brave enough to send them over, which I always respect.

Here is the link to the lenses in this review, and a shot of all the lenses when they arrived:

Replacement Lenses for Oakley Holbrook Lenses - Polarized HC3™ Emerald Green MirrorShield™ | Revant Optics

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

This was not my first pair of Revants, so in terms of packaging it was the same. I do like the microfiber bags that come with their lenses, since they are large enough to store Oakleys, and let's face it you can never have to many bags.

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

These lenses were pretty hard to photograph, in terms of their true color. These were Bronze base lenses, with the Emerald Mirrorshield coating, meaning when you look through them, it looks like a brown tint. The emerald looks great, and really pops off the lenses in the right sunlight. On the from left lens, "Elite" etched into it - personally I'd prefer it be 100% blank, but I understand marketing in today's day so I can get over it.

IMG_1734.JPG

I popped the lenses into my Clear Holbrooks, and they looked good. As I said photographing the Emerald Mirrorshield coating is a bit difficult, but these pictures also show the Brown base coming through. Just like my other pairs, the lenses fit in easily and perfectly. I know some other members have reported poorly fitting lenses, but so far I have not gotten a pair that didn't fit well.

IMG_1735.JPG

The photograph below really shows the brown base, which is what you see looking through these lenses. I got a chance to take these out over July 4th weekend, and really test them in sunlight conditions. Overall I was please - I really enjoy the contrast of the HC3 Elite Revant lenses, which is similar to that of Oakley Prizm lenses from what I've heard. Despite having a brown base, colors seemed to really pop versus some other lenses I have. As I've said in the past, I prefer a darker lens, which is why my everyday pairs usually have a dark black/silver lens color.

IMG_1736.JPG

Overall I was very happy by these lenses. As I said in the my initial review of the non-mirrorshield HC3 lenses, I thought they were fantastic in showing contrast/color, however I was disappointed they had no reflective coating. Now that Revant seems to have listed to the masses, and added MIrrorshield this line, I expect they'll be fairly popular.

Instead of rambling on any further, I'll open it up to any questions you guys might have. Feel free to shoot, and I'm sure @Revant Optics will pop in for some commentary as well!

IMG_1729.jpg

I like the practice of listing base tint and mirror coating separately, Oakley could take a note of that themselves.

I like the practice of listing base tint and mirror coating separately, Oakley could take a note of that themselves.

Yeah I really enjoyed that as well, but threw me off at first because I didn't see the Mirrorshield area and thought they were brown lenses. :idk:

Hi, in the past I have experienced in aftermarket lenses (not revant, never tried them) that the colours are not consistent throughout the whole area of the lens, is that the case with Revant lenses?

Regarding the fit issues, I believe it was mainly the case with their pre/non-HC3 lenses. I think it was only the Juliet where the HC3's cut was off.

Just got mine last week..elite
Hc3 oxbow amber for my hijinx ..feels really good for bright to medium light...n it does feel similar to a prizm lens...in terms of contrast, the green n red really stand out..somehow it feels like the green n red color is 'enhanced'...which is good for me while im driving...clarity is superb..no headache issue..definitely worth the money

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good review @OakleyBoss ! Thank You.

I am still extremely hesitant to try any aftermarket lenses because of the testing process and manufacturing specs Oakley puts theirs through. That being said I think I'll do a bit more research on a few of the major aftermarketers like Revant with an open mind and see if my attitude could be amended. Enough to try a set possibly...but on a regular basis I still would defer to OEM.

Good review @OakleyBoss ! Thank You.

I am still extremely hesitant to try any aftermarket lenses because of the testing process and manufacturing specs Oakley puts theirs through. That being said I think I'll do a bit more research on a few of the major aftermarketers like Revant with an open mind and see if my attitude could be amended. Enough to try a set possibly...but on a regular basis I still would defer to OEM.

Keep an eye out when they have coupons, and I recommend leaning to a neutral tint.

@Ventruck thank you. As someone who has the same hobby as I do and pursues it with a passion (and who's opinion I trust), what is your personal opinion on this company and their products? Up there with Oakley lenses, very close, or not quite but certainly useable and safe?

Back