• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Racing Jacket replacement lens review

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
I gave these lenses a thorough testing in a pair of RJs for about 6 weeks.
Like others say, they came with a cool bag. My left lens was nicked out of the box. It was a defect that had me holding off. But I decided to move forward with my honest review. The lenses fit just like OEM. The lens doesnt look like anything Oakley offers. Its as dark as a BI, but without an iridium finish. They are Dark! My vision isnt the best, and these are too dark for shadowy Mountain Bike riding I do. But they lenses in the open desert look great. Which is the other place I ride. As far as quality of vision, I cant see a difference between these and say a dark gray or BI lens. It isnt better than Oakley but it isnt worse. The color is distinct. If it wasnt for that, I probably couldnt tell a difference. The big Nick in the lens is my only gripe. I decided not to contact Revant, and did just a review of what I got. I have a LOT of RJs and jawbones, and I even have a Prescription VR28 BI lens.
All things equal, If these were the same price as Oakley, Id get Oakley. If these are half price or even closer, Id get the Revant. The optics are comparable, the fit was perfect, the lenses held up to microbag cleaning in the field.
My two complaints are the nick and how dark they are.

Hi thanks for the review. I'm thinking about buying some revant lenses. Were you trying out the stealth black (polarized or non?) or their elite lens? I'm hoping they have some with good contrast like the vr28.

@the_owl Bummed to hear about that nick in your lenses! This definitely shouldn't be happening with our lenses and we'd love to get you fixed up. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with us if anything like this ever happens with our lenses. Shoot our Customer Experience team an email at support@revantoptics.com and we'll get you taken care of! -Kevin

Latest Posts

Back