• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Thanks, and sorry I was slow to catch this. The EV Zero should be able to fit into helmet vents, arguably better than other frames since there's a bit more give to handle wider spacing if necessary. At worse it might might be as secure therefore, but right now I'm trying it with one of my helmets (Cratoni Terron) and shaking it. Doesn't seem to really slip. Tension is sufficient and lacking the presence of being an "end weight" helps. In casual use for pit stops I don't see this practice being an issue.

Unless you're doing EPO and getting post-dosage spasms. :p

Just my Head Shake Test spasms!! :)
I can't imagine them not fitting in one of my Giro's...What about beating the hell out of the top lens edge when they're stuck in the vents upside-down and I'm walking around for a few mintes. No top frame like the Radars!

Exellent review mate, thanks a lot.
However, don't you find the etching a little uneccessary? As a triathlete and cyclist, I would find that etching a little annoying, and as usual, oakley is trying to get the most in money out of their designs, so would you stick to the Radar EV?
I use my Uranium Radar Ev Path for Cycling in Prizm Road, and It has served me beaut as my favourite sporting oakleys. The Zero looks great, but the etching and lens feature really does put me off.

Exellent review mate, thanks a lot.
However, don't you find the etching a little uneccessary? As a triathlete and cyclist, I would find that etching a little annoying, and as usual, oakley is trying to get the most in money out of their designs, so would you stick to the Radar EV?
I use my Uranium Radar Ev Path for Cycling in Prizm Road, and It has served me beaut as my favourite sporting oakleys. The Zero looks great, but the etching and lens feature really does put me off.

It's tribute to the original Sub Zero design, which yeah, in itself has no explained purpose beyond aesthetic.

Like I said: the EV Zero really isn't a first option, especially as a sport pair; but it's very pleasant to wear. Using it just comes with accepting the costs and taking it for what it is. Not really smart if it's your only pair, but something to put into rotation with more serviceable pairs.

It's tribute to the original Sub Zero design, which yeah, in itself has no explained purpose beyond aesthetic.

Like I said: the EV Zero really isn't a first option, especially as a sport pair; but it's very pleasant to wear. Using it just comes with accepting the costs and taking it for what it is. Not really smart if it's your only pair, but something to put into rotation with more serviceable pairs.
Yeah, saw this one, and as a cyclist, was eyeing this one off, but really want oakley to produce one without the etching....
Oakley EVZero Range PRIZM Road in INFRARED / PRIZM ROAD | Oakley

Didn't read the thread, but have you worn a pair yet? I don't notice the line at all.
Yes, in the shop, but not in sport. The etching did seem as if it would obstruct.
My friend also has one, and uses it for triathlons-said it worked fine, but he also preferred the ev radars

Oakley definitely seems more committed to these than I thought they would be, tried some on at the local Vault store and they felt a little too "light and flimsy" for me but then again I'm more used to stuff like the Racing Jacket and other more solid frames...

Back