• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Review Section?

That was the hope, but no one had the time to maintain it, so I'm actually in the process of reverting some of the extended wiki-type info like Icon/hinge type/frame material, back into a traditional database so it can be cross referenced. I'll leave the wiki to display writeups on stuff like the STPL line or Artist series.

Yeh thats smart. Maybe if I get bored one day I'll play around with the idea and see what happens, but like you said people need to maintain it. And especially with the enormous amounts of Oakley products out there, it would take a lot to start it from scratch. Though I do like the idea of being able to read about the history of different pairs and products in a wiki environment.

Though I do like the idea of being able to read about the history of different pairs and products in a wiki environment.

This is one project I plan to start, but I'll probably do it in a timeline sort of manner. Touching on each pair historically of course, then maybe farming it out to their own pages, but I think it's the only way to do it systematically.

dann said:
This is one project I plan to start, but I'll probably do it in a timeline sort of manner. Touching on each pair historically of course, then maybe farming it out to their own pages, but I think it's the only way to do it systematically.

You could make an Oakley timeline on Facebook. Formats already there and it'd be super easy

I'd be willing to do it if someone could point me to the info

I have a timeline build from the dates coded in the database, but the tough part will be writing a narrative that guides the reader from the early years onward.

I'd love to help. What do you think of the Facebook idea? Someone made a timeline of Steve jobs on there which gave me the idea

Latest Posts

Back