• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Review: Walleva's upcoming Mr. Shield lenses

@Ventruck Outstanding review buddy. Thank you. I may actually consider these aftermarket to purchase...and I never do that for sport lenses. Ever. There's enough Oakley product out there, even for my dinosaur original Radars that it's just not worth it for me to consider. But a set of these to try alongside the others might make an interesting summer project.

Would warn you that I'm personally (Walleva themselves didn't say anything yet) not expecting there to be a Radar or any shield offerings. I'm saying this because other taper-corrected or premium offerings of brands haven't put out shield lenses.

And from there I'm assuming it's because production starts in respect to blanks for base curves, and then cuts are made accordingly. When a shield design is introduced, then another line (or multiple) altogether needs to be made. On top of that, shields can finish differently from one another by more than just base curve. Interfaces have their specific hooks and such which could demand more QC — or so I'm guessing.

Would warn you that I'm personally (Walleva themselves didn't say anything yet) not expecting there to be a Radar or any shield offerings. I'm saying this because other taper-corrected or premium offerings of brands haven't put out shield lenses.

And from there I'm assuming it's because production starts in respect to blanks for base curves, and then cuts are made accordingly. When a shield design is introduced, then another line (or multiple) altogether needs to be made. On top of that, shields can finish differently from one another by more than just base curve. Interfaces have their specific hooks and such which could demand more QC — or so I'm guessing.

Of course they won't make any for Radars. That's how my life typically works, and why I frequently use the word "dinosaur" when I talk about the things I use. Oh well...such is life.

But I can hope! ;)

Latest Posts

Back