• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revive The Fives!

peelz

Oakley Beginner
After falling off my head on a motorcycle test ride, and an unfortunate incident with a not-quite-open garage door(I had my son open the door while I carried something and rammed into it) my fives squared needed some love. I've had them for 6 years I think. Most of that, they were my sole pair.

The frames were scratched and filthy, so I polished and cleaned the best I Could.

But the lenses, they were shot. So I decided to replace them. I wanted blue so I went with revants. These frames were worth nothing so risking 20 bucks on lenses was worth it. And it WAS worth it. They look sweet!

My review of the lenses: I give them a 7/10. Quality is fine. But they are not as clear as an oakley lens. A little foggy in the peripheral view in full sun, like a glare. But they'll be great for what I have them for. Helmet duty. All my other shades have rubber earpieces that make riding with them a pain. I've ruined my crosshair ear pieces, and my jupiters were starting to slide off. These are now for motorcycle duty.

if oakley offered ice blue lenses for fives squared, I'd have bought them.

Before:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403324895.506403.jpg

After(love it):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403324945.707549.jpg

I'm glad that you're glad with your purchase/revival ... But as far as I can tell, thise frames are still sold today (Fives 3.0/Fives Squared) and the lenses are relatively 'cheap' ...

If you ever got a new pair, the latest versions have rubber nose pieces which pretty much fixes my only gripe for that specific frame which I've owned since 2006 ..

The bulk of the cost of Oakleys is the lenses. You can notice the poor quality, your eyes will be fatigued quickly.

While I agree with your first statement about Oakley quality, I did not experience this fatigue. (I was worried as well) but 7 hours in the sun, out on the lake. They were just fine.

Latest Posts

Back