• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reviving the True X-Metal Line with new 3D Printing Technology

I got to see a laser titanium 3d printing machine at the tooling manufacturing show last year its 250K.it uses a laser to sinter the Ti sand.but the quality still isn't there,who's got the molds?

Wow, this stuff would be great. Im actually all for enthusiasts trying to recreate their own x-metal line - it actually would stand as a testament to the Original Oakley Line. When i first heard about the relaunch of the new xmetal frames *(Badman and Madman) i was ecstatic but when i saw them, they're nowhere near the original xmetal family.

Im definite that there are enthusiasts here who have pondered over the idea to 3d print their own customized versions of a new x-metal line or it can also be done by some of us here getting together for a similar project but given the latest technology, i bet that its the only way to go about it for us. Having our designs 3d printed.

Anywho, i've got like a four to five new designs all sketched by myself inspired by the x-metal line. I've even emailed them to Oakley for them to consider them but sadly that was a long time ago and it got nowhere. So im hoping i can get hold of some 3d render artists who can help me recreate the designs in a 3d printable format. And also hoping to get them printed in titanium it would just be epic.

Back