• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RIP Crossrange?

VirusSixZero

Oakley Enthusiast
Canada
I've seen some online retailers mentioning that Oakley does not include two sets of stems or nose pads with any of the Crossrange line anymore. I bought a pair of Crossrange this month and two sets were included, but this retailer tends to have lots of old stock.

Has anyone bought, or seen retailers selling pairs of Crossrange without the swap feature? It seems puzzling for the main draw of the Crossrange line to be excluded. Even more puzzling, the retailer says the included nosepads and temples are the lifestyle ones. This effectively turns Crossrange into a pair of Sliver. Any of the unique sporty features that set the Crossrange apart, and aligned it more with something like Mainlink are now gone, or require an additional purchase.

I realize Oakley frames come and go, but really? While it's in production, it seems pretty stingy to not serve the customer with the feature they're likely buying the product for in the first place.

If this is the case its probably to recoup the loss. I'm fairly certain they didn't sell very well. The sale shelves at my local store is full of them, all models of them.

They probably figured out they didn't have the draw they expected and are cutting their losses

Are the “performance” nose pieces actually available for sale? I’ve got 5 pairs of Crossrange XLs and one pair came only with the lifestyle nose pad. Cannot stand it. Google pulls up nothing. Nor does Oakley.com.

Are the “performance” nose pieces actually available for sale? I’ve got 5 pairs of Crossrange XLs and one pair came only with the lifestyle nose pad. Cannot stand it. Google pulls up nothing. Nor does Oakley.com.
Im pretty i have some at work..... but im off til Tuesday..... send me a message on tuesday and ill look for you!

Back