• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RIP: Nelson Mandela

Mate, whether the man was a terrorist or not is not really a political discussion as such.
If you want to praise the man it is your right, but by doing that you give others the right to express a differing opinion, to close a conversation of any type because you don't like what you are hearing or can't handle the truth is not the way to go.
Discredit what I have said,disprove the article in question.If you can't thats fine you are entitled to go on believing what you like,but those who question the world around them have the right to hear both sides of an debate.

I can make reference and give details on the selection process why this icon becomes a nobel laureatte, same can be said to some great people inducted To Nobel Award. Reasoning is valid only to an open mind. This has nothing to do with objecting your opinion. You have already express what will be your stand in the issue. There is no need to expand them and asking somebody else opinion on what you stand for. If i want to keep quiet then you have to respect that. The TRUTH is you believe the man is a terrorist, so be it, but that doesnt mean i agree, but i dont want to expand it either. Its not worth my time. Like i said, it is determined by many not by few opinions.

Please don't infer I have a closed mind ,it is not closed just because I dont agree with you same as yours is not closed just because you do not agree with me.
If you can prove me wrong I will change my opinion.
If you don't want to be challenged don't make statements when you are not in possesion of all the facts.,keep quiet instead.

By the way did you know that Yassar Arafat leader of the Palestine Liberation Organization a terrorist organisation responsible the 1972 murder of Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympic Games amongst other atrocities was also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Seems to me their selection process could do with a bit of an overhaul ,at least they are consistant though, who knows maybe Ossama will be next!

To each his own as they always say, so when a member wants to close his own thread, so be it. At the end of the day its his thread not yours, one can reopen a topic in their own if they wish to.

Reasoning is valid only to an open mind did not refer to you at all. It has a period in the end. If you feel that way that doesnt mean its for you.

By the way did you know that Yassar Arafat leader of the Palestine Liberation Organization a terrorist organisation responsible the 1972 murder of Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympic Games amongst other atrocities was also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Seems to me their selection process could do with a bit of an overhaul ,at least they are consistant though, who knows maybe Ossama will be next!

Nobel peace prize is very hard to quantify since it involves violence per se. But remember, they are not inducting a Saint, but a model for peace. I am not in a position to question their selection process iether. If you believe they made a mistake, you are entitled to it. But with Osama, i will totally disagree. Damn if they do!

Okay so we agree to disagree.
Anyone reading this can do their own research and form their own opinion anyway.
Good night.

Back