• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rise And Fall Of Oakley Frogskins

I can't believe no one has mentioned the STPL's yet, they are awesome and not just a different colour frame/lens combo. The stems are unique, kind of two materials and colours, pink lenses (which until the Blacklights was quite a rare thing), and they were laser etched to boot, plus they celebrated Oakley's history. The Andrew Pattersons are also great.

Wildberry 'n' Milk is just a disaster, it is the black sheep in the Frogskins family.

Beams are an OK model but unbelieveably over priced for what they are.

STPL is an amazing pair, i liked the Holbrook more than the Frogskin though. I think all the releases by Staple Design were the best multi-frame limited edition release!
You had the originals: Frogskins, Razor Blade, and Eye Shade
And then the modern day shades: Holbrook, Jawbone, and Radar.

I thought it was really cool to see the original shades by Oakley mixed in with the new favorite glasses. Very Respected.

i love all gen 3 frogskins...that is why i have 101 pairs of them....i think almost all of them are fantastic, i love the goofy childish character they exude and the obscure nature of so many releases. however, i would prefer it if they stopped making them, enough is enough, especially with the ultra limited issues, and released so rapidly. it is now impossible for anyone to have every pair imo. also, i think to reissue some pairs again recently was wrong for numerous reasons. my fav pair is the blue chrome - blue, shaun white prototype, the rarest of them all.

HOLY SH*T! They don't call you Romeo Van Frogskinstein for nothin! :dance3:

@Romeo Van Frogskinstein

damn 101 pairs that's some freaking filled displays ;o)

Favourite pairs antifreeze and stpl. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a pair of sunglasses lol. They're just sunglasses. Overall I don't think frogskins are a great design. For a real classy pair of sunnies it's gotta be Ray Ban wayfarer Max b&l lenses...

IMO Ray Bans look terrible compared to Frogskins. I don't know what it is they just look weird. Kinda like how the Jupiters just looked weird. You may think differently though...

the Frog was my first oakley (the black rain frame) . . . now i think it's f%&§$d up that we get every month a new limited/rare/special edition.
Oakley should slow down all those releases IMO. as i like them as an collector i don't wear them anymore. doesn't fit my face anymore. i have a few but just for the display!

IMO Ray Bans look terrible compared to Frogskins. I don't know what it is they just look weird. Kinda like how the Jupiters just looked weird. You may think differently though...

I was thinking the same thing..

the Frog was my first oakley (the black rain frame) . . . now i think it's f%&§$d up that we get every month a new limited/rare/special edition.
Oakley should slow down all those releases IMO. as i like them as an collector i don't wear them anymore. doesn't fit my face anymore. i have a few but just for the display!

I agree with the releases getting ridiculous! BTW, just reached my 100th post..does that reward a new title? :D i only need 3,186 more posts to catch up to youuu..haha

dude i don't hunt posts like Oakleys :eek:)
congrats to your 100th post

this is the way your new titel comes up:
Oakley Beginner 0
Oakley Enthusiast 25
Oakley Collector 125
Oakley Expert 250
I Should Work at Oakley... 1000
I am Jim Jannard... 10000