• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1.0 - Base Lens For A Custom Chop?

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
M

marc2040

What's the best lens (curve and size) for a custom Romeo lens?
I already made one out of a Ten X lens and it's not bad, just the curve is not exactly the same.
Any ideas?

Result:
- Dispatch
- Fast Jacket
- Jawbone
- Ten X

Thanks so far.
The Split Jacket lens is to small. OEM height of a Romeo lens is 37,8mm. Split Jacket lenses are 37,7mm. :mad:
Doesn't matter how I rotate the Romeo lens, it doesn't fit on the Split Jacket lens.
The curve would be perfect.
What's the size of a Jawbone lens? Any other larger lenses you can recommend?

Violet is available through the IH Split and can be cut to preserve the IH etching
I've forgotten to say that I want to make my own etching :smile:

Here's a pic from the web. That's not a Split Jacket lens, looks like a Fuel Cell IH, because the cross is darker.
I thought the FC lens is to small!!??

krrf32af.png

Split jacket lenses DO work. It's been done several times.

I know, but caliper says no.

I just held up my jawbone lenses to my x metals. Height has room to work with, may have to shave them down a smidge. Plenty of length to work with as well. 63 millimeters W by 40 millimeters H. Polarized verstion: Amazon.com: Oakley Jawbone Replacement Lenses: Clothing

If you get the polarized your etching wont fit unless you put it on the opposite side.

Thanks for measuring. 63x40mm is perfect.
What do you think. Can a Romeo lens chopped out of them without the POLARIZED etching?

Back