• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1.0 - Base Lens For A Custom Chop?

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
I tried lining my R1 lens to my FJ lawns and had the same results as you pictured. I just worry that trying to cut the lens with that little bit of room on some of the edges will leave flat edges since there is no room to get the curves cut. It may work, I just think its too close for comfort.

I tried lining my R1 lens to my FJ lawns and had the same results as you pictured. I just worry that trying to cut the lens with that little bit of room on some of the edges will leave flat edges since there is no room to get the curves cut. It may work, I just think its too close for comfort.

yeah safely the XLJ will do it fine, the regular fit is a squeeze but if you get it lined up perfectly it should go well. i know in the full-rimmed xmetals you have around 1mm to hide the edges in the frame itself..

For results check #1
I will only list lenses which definitely work (no restrictions).

Well, here to let you guys know how it went....

And... It didn't.

There's no way whatsoever Fast Jacket XL's will work, the curve on the bottom cuts into the area needed. The regular Fast Jacket's are actually larger on the vertical. Totally bummed, I spent about 3 hours driving around today getting dremmel, bits, lenses at the vault, etc. Waited all night for the wife and kid to go to sleep, finally got to sit down to do the chop....and...... nothin

Guess the day's not a total wash though, picked up two pairs of Juliet's while at I was at the vault (polished & carbon) :)

And... It didn't.

There's no way whatsoever Fast Jacket XL's will work, the curve on the bottom cuts into the area needed. The regular Fast Jacket's are actually larger on the vertical. Totally bummed, I spent about 3 hours driving around today getting dremmel, bits, lenses at the vault, etc. Waited all night for the wife and kid to go to sleep, finally got to sit down to do the chop....and...... nothin

Guess the day's not a total wash though, picked up two pairs of Juliet's while at I was at the vault (polished & carbon) :)
fast jacket xl lenses works fine for me, i've cut more than 10 fj xl lenses for r1 with no problem. i have a more advanced cutting method i guess that's why i find no problems lol.. i am sure dr chop will agree with me on this. practice makes perfect :).. i've been cutting myown lenses for more than 12 years.. so i'm pretty sure of what i am talking about :)..

And... It didn't.

There's no way whatsoever Fast Jacket XL's will work, the curve on the bottom cuts into the area needed. The regular Fast Jacket's are actually larger on the vertical. Totally bummed, I spent about 3 hours driving around today getting dremel, bits, lenses at the vault, etc. Waited all night for the wife and kid to go to sleep, finally got to sit down to do the chop....and...... nothin
What's the height of the lens in the middle of the lens? 37,8mm or less?

fast jacket xl lenses works fine for me, i've cut more than 10 fj xl lenses for r1 with no problem. i have a more advanced cutting method i guess that's why i find no problems lol..
So if a lens is to small you can add some material? :tongue:
Just joking.
Well, I think it's just a matter of finding the right position, maybe with a slight rotation.

Latest Posts

Back