• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1.0 In Circulation

basically almost all that were made still are arund. they are titanium and built to last. at most, the lenses are shot. noone is gonna throw away a $375 sunglass frame..

They arent rare - just really expensive. you can find them pretty readily..

I thought Oakley destroyed all that were handed over to them because of the design flaw?

ive never heard confirmation that they in fact destroyed the frames.. although you are right, i didnt consider the recall. Im uncertain of the number that were sent back, but im gonna estimate around 15% of customers would have done so. most would be due to lenses cracking.

That said, the romeo is still widely available today. its jsut if youre willing to pay the premium, or wait for a good price =)

Brip is 100 percent correct, they are not really rare, they are rare in perfect condition but the frames themselves are on ebay pretty frequently. Romeo 1's are more prevalent on ebay than a romeo 2 is lately. Just expensive because all the collectors want them

Brip is 100 percent correct, they are not really rare, they are rare in perfect condition but the frames themselves are on ebay pretty frequently. Romeo 1's are more prevalent on ebay than a romeo 2 is lately. Just expensive because all the collectors want them

I think it holds a special place as well being the 1st xmetal, and it's movie appearances.

Back