• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1.0 Serial etching?

Leo6494

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi,

I have 2 identical pairs of R1s but I am looking at the serials, one is clearly etched deeply while the other is just light? I don't know if I am making any sense but please take a look at the photos. Do they put serials in there in different ways?

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

oh and one more thing you might notice... they are not identical. the finish on the lower sn one should be lighter, and the inside of the arms (where a typical xmetal serial would be) is squared off as well, vs the rounded stems of the higher s/n pair.

They are norm~
I have various pairs, some with deep etching some with really faint etching. All legit

I knew the etching can vary between deep and faint, but I didn't know just how varied and inconsistent the etching can be. It's a small detail, but goddamn
why did they go through all the hassle of creating and numbering each one only to be so sloppy in the finishing detail. That's very annoying from a designers perspective.

At first I was thinking the light or faint etching could have been made up by someone other than Oakley but seeing all the serials kind of differently put in there maybe they didn't have any standard way?

Back