• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 , Deal Or Or No Deal.

Oakley-olic

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
SoCal
I was on a hunt late last night into early AM. Found a listing less than an hour old for an R1. Some marks on frame, no box/coin. No scratches on original lenses, 1mm stress cracks on both. Starting bid was $360 and a BIN at $450. I pulled the trigger at $450 as I have seen similar conditions ending over $500. . The kicker was it comes with a BNIB set of Oakley gold iridium replacement lenses. :dance3: Pics when I get them and after an X-Man refinish.

Sounds like a great scoop, especially with the lenses. This have been going for $200 plus lately.

I bid on a set of lenses up to $200, lost by over $100. You would think they were made out of real gold. There is a set on Ebay, no bids at $275.

Def a good deal. Romeos in general have been drying up lately. I noticed they're even mostly gone from eBay. Even the ridiculously priced ones

Awesome deal! I would say that the lenses should only be used for display purposes. They will crack eventually as you wear them due to the R1 design. Wouldn't want to lose a nice new set of rare lenses. I would put some linegears or custom cuts in if you want to wear them. You could even sell the lenses and get the funds to do a nice custom cut or get nearly half you investment back.Ultimately up to you. Just my opinion. Great buy though; I'm jealous.

Latest Posts

Back