• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1: fake or original?

Sorry didn't understand. That means no sn is usual? Or exactly the opposite? What is a warranty pair?

Sorry for stupid question :)

Not really rare, or should I say, does not necessarily make it worth more or less money, if that is what you are asking.

So generally speaking it's better to buy a pair with sn right? No sn means warranty pair, is that a sort of "reconditioned" pair?

Thanks

Andrea

So generally speaking it's better to buy a pair with sn right? No sn means warranty pair, is that a sort of "reconditioned" pair?

Thanks

Andrea

Me personally, I like the serial numbers, so that is what I would get, but to each their own. I guess if I found a warranty pair that was really cheap or something, I'd probably pick it up too. Bottom line is an R1 is an R1. Very desirable frame.

Thank you :)

And what about this issue? It seems an issue with metal casting process. Is this fixable? Check below the sx lens:

Thanks

Andrea

image.jpg

You're correct. It looks like a casting defect, possibly an early run. Do you know the Serial number on this pair? Also, if it is a defect, I don't think I would try to fix it. I'd probably just leave it alone. Just depends how OCD you are and how much it bothers you. I'm sure some one could "fix" it, but remember that means messing up the original finish, and having to have it refinished.