• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 For More Than 1K

Yep. Saw that last night. Well....we all know the aura around the Jordan Romeo's and that usually drives the price, but its not uncommon to see Jordan Romeo's at $800 to $1,000 and they don't sell. So why this one? I think two very minor things are actually causing people to bid this up- 1) the box. Yes its dogeared but we all know that the COMPLETE package increases value to collectors; this is especially true to Romeo's because the serial on the box matches the frame 2) the picture and stand. I wouldn't be surprised if that picture and stand are a driving many people's bids.....collectors like a ready to go display set and this is it-box, picture, brand new.

Personally, the value of the Jordan Romeo is valuable only to the die hard collector because you can easily replicate the look with an X Metal frame, custom cuts and rubber (I considered it on mine before I went with red rubber and Ruby instead) for $500.

ucdavis4PT0gpa said:
Yep. Saw that last night. Well....we all know the aura around the Jordan Romeo's and that usually drives the price, but its not uncommon to see Jordan Romeo's at $800 to $1,000 and they don't sell. So why this one? I think two very minor things are actually causing people to bid this up- 1) the box. Yes its dogeared but we all know that the COMPLETE package increases value to collectors; this is especially true to Romeo's because the serial on the box matches the frame 2) the picture and stand. I wouldn't be surprised if that picture and stand are a driving many people's bids.....collectors like a ready to go display set and this is it-box, picture, brand new.

Personally, the value of the Jordan Romeo is valuable only to the die hard collector because you can easily replicate the look with an X Metal frame, custom cuts and rubber (I considered it on mine before I went with red rubber and Ruby instead) for $500.

Yeah, you're right, but also what really calls to my attention is the number: is 7XXX so, correct me if I'm wrong, but Jordan is called only to those under 5K

That's never been my understanding....its been that ANY 4 digit serial Romeo is a Jordan-I've read this multiple places and its also supported by O-Reviews Serial list

I would venture to say 9999 Jordan Romeos were made. Then the serial numbers reset or continued on with 6 digits.

Latest Posts

Back