• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 For More Than 1K

MasChingon said:
Red earsocks must be smooth, i.e. no etching on them....if you see a "Jordan Romeo" with etching on the red earsocks, those are custom or have been swapped & are NOT factory.

So they're just plain unobtanium, no "made in USA" and the "CE" on them?

Very interesting discussion on this. I just joined the R1 club as of today. I picked up a pair off eBay recently that weren't listed as 'Jordan' R1's, but have a serial of #7462. MasChingon mentioned the rubbers being fully smooth, mine are...no markings whatsoever. The drawbacks were...no box, no coin, no nose bombs and no extra rubbers of any sort...oh, and something I also noticed was that the lenses are not the original 'x-metal' lenses. I'm going to have to contact the seller to see what he has to say about the discrepancies I found.

The auction caught my eye because of the description and added note of the serial #. Being that I'm not very versed in the x-metal lines, I could only refer to our boards and the O-review for info. I knew that the 4 digit serial was special either way, but I'm really wanting to consider these 'Jordan's'. Either way, I'm stoked that I've gotten my hands on one of my holy grails. Now off to clean them up...

Pics to come shortly! :dance3:

Very interesting discussion on this. I just joined the R1 club as of today. I picked up a pair off eBay recently that weren't listed as 'Jordan' R1's, but have a serial of #7462. MasChingon mentioned the rubbers being fully smooth, mine are...no markings whatsoever. The drawbacks were...no box, no coin, no nose bombs and no extra rubbers of any sort...oh, and something I also noticed was that the lenses are not the original 'x-metal' lenses. I'm going to have to contact the seller to see what he has to say about the discrepancies I found.

The auction caught my eye because of the description and added note of the serial #. Being that I'm not very versed in the x-metal lines, I could only refer to our boards and the O-review for info. I knew that the 4 digit serial was special either way, but I'm really wanting to consider these 'Jordan's'. Either way, I'm stoked that I've gotten my hands on one of my holy grails. Now off to clean them up...

Pics to come shortly! :dance3:

Very nicely done. Those are Jordans, so long as it doesn't have zeros in front of the 7462. The limited edition were the 5000 and sub numbers, but yours are still considered Jordan Romeos.

Congrats.

Very nicely done. Those are Jordans, so long as it doesn't have zeros in front of the 7462. The limited edition were the 5000 and sub numbers, but yours are still considered Jordan Romeos.

Congrats.

Mahalo! Yup, only the 4 digits, no zero's. I'm happy now :tongue:...but I guess the hunt's still on for a pair of the limited edition Jordan R1's! Mahalo again Mas!

Since we're on the subject (and because I'm a noob to R1's)...is there a particular way that the lenses should fit into the orbitals? When I received mine, the first thing I noticed was that the lenses weren't sitting properly in the the channels of the orbitals. There were gaps showing on both sides of each orbital, enough so that light was easily shining through. I was also able to pop the lenses out without having to loosen the screws, on both sides. After giving them a good wash, I removed the nose bridge completely and have been trying to place the lenses back into the orbitals, but they aren't having it. What am I missing here? They don't seem to be made to fit as they should, I'm seriously beginning to think that these aren't stock R1 lenses. Did I mention that they don't have the 'x-metal' engraving on the left lens either? Thoughts anyone?

Back