• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ROMEO 1 FUSE LENSES

X-MetalIridium

I should Work at Oakley
PUERTO RICO
Hello, for the pass weeks I’ve been looking online for real pictures of fuse lenses without any success; so I took a leap of faith after reading one of our a forums and purchase a set for my Romeo 1. The color I purchase was Fuse Cosmic Mirror Polarized.

Lenses are beautiful, the hydrophobic coating is exceptional & the polarized coating is just perfect, not like the cheaper lenses that looking thru them is like being in an Avatar movie. It’s not an 8 curve base lens is a 6 curve base lens but in no way does it affect visibility, fitment or overall looks.

If you have purchase Fuse lenses, please share your best pictures & colors name.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I've bought several pairs of Fuse lenses and they really are great. No distortion, no headaches, and they're just as thick as Oakley lenses.

If they look good to you and you like them, wear them. Of course Oakley lenses would be the number one choice, but there aren't a lot of color choices per frame like other companies (like Fuse, Revant, etc.) will have. Some will say that you are ruining your vision by wearing non-Oakley lenses but my vision is still 20/20 after doing it for years. There are some junk companies out there that I would say stay away from, but Fuse and Revant are the brands I'll keep buying if I can't get what I need in an Oakley lens.

I only have one set and they are in a pair of Canteens (red polarized) I gave my son
I liked them alot, No distortion and very clear optics for me.
If you can look at the + series.
Dr Chop recommend them to me when talking about a red set for the PB1 Ferrari project I have coming up.
But I was able to get a Taco ruby set for donors so I will not be going that route
he mentioned he got a chance to test several color ways of the + series
he was impressed

I only have one set and they are in a pair of Canteens (red polarized) I gave my son
I liked them alot, No distortion and very clear optics for me.
If you can look at the + series.
Dr Chop recommend them to me when talking about a red set for the PB1 Ferrari project I have coming up.
But I was able to get a Taco ruby set for donors so I will not be going that route
he mentioned he got a chance to test several color ways of the + series
he was impressed

THAT is saying A LOT- Chop has been one of the most vocal opponents of aftermarket lenses (given what he does no surprise) but, regardless, if he had anything other than "garbage" to say about an aftermarket lens, I'm impressed.

Only thing I do not like is there's no real pictures of the actual lenses. I hate that; not that Oakley or anyone else (though Linegear is good about quality actual photos) is any better but at least with them there's Google images you can cull from.

i have bought a few other brands to try out, but Fuse is the only aftermarket set that i didn't immediately reject. i try to stay all Oakley lenses if i can now. i only have one set Oakleys with aftermarket lenses in them at the moment and it is my Square Wire 2.0 spring hinge i have had for like 10 years. Blaze Polars.

1y1e6g.jpg

Jontoad, your Square Wire 2.0 looks b@d@ss, just like you, I try to stick with authentic lenses, but hard to find lenses or lenses I know it's going too take a beating, I will use FUSE lenses. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Jontoad, I have the same square 2.0 frames and am looking for the same look. Did you buy the Fuse Standard polarized or the Fuse+ polarized?

Back