• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Jordan

Why are these recent influx of newbies so insistent on being asses. Is it the "millennial" gig, or is it that the newbie's just think they know more than the old salts on here. Hell all I wanted to do was learn when I joined.
Be polite newbies. Pull the Louisville slugger out of thy ass, shut your yap and listen.
Agree 100% I get all my knowledge from here which 6 months ago was zero. It's a great forum but seems lately that alot of new people are just not heeding solid advice. They join ask how much their stuff is worth then become rude when they don't like the answer then they just throw it on eBay for a ridiculous price.

...although 99% of collectors refer to a four digit serial pair as a 'Jordan' to differentiate them from the six digit serial pairs and they have been termed as such for long enough for everyone to know what a 'Jordan' Romeo is. There are numerous subtle differences that make them unique to collectors as well as being the first model in the X Metal range.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Indeed, finally some good informations :)))

View attachment 584170
here we see an advertisement image where there is a serial number of indications of jordan issues. I want evidence or evidence that romeo 1 jordan and legend or it's true
The serial number is particular to his personal pair to match his shirt number.
The fact that it is prefixed by 00 adds to the theory (or hype if you are cynical) that four digit pairs are referred to as 'Jordans' - if his personal pair was numbered 000023 the 'Jordan' link would be blown out of the water....

There is known also that we have 3 pairs made of Romeo with #0023 ...as gift in 1997!

..but the fact is that MJ has/had a pair of four digit serial Romeos and that is confirmed by the pop card stating the actual serial on them so that makes an undeniable link. These pairs have for years been referred to as 'Jordans' and that is not going to change anytime soon

also... people who knows knows... early #0000 Romeo’s from 96/97 first production with a lot of rough finishings were referred to MJ, beeing the image of Oakley connected with Jordan performance legacy. Some proofs can’t be shown but intuitive and logically giving credibility to the people who took care of all these things in those times and they pass most of their experience and knowledge to Some of us (now collectors). No one is lying or creating a story just for making some extra money but to keep the great legacy of Oakley brand until was sold forward.

Just signed up but can't PM. If you still maintain a 'Jordan' R1 list, I have #3388, box & coin. All original is present and pretty good but aftermarket lenses are fitted to protect the originals.
Welcome to the forum.
Great move to preserve the lenses - are the originals still in good shape?

I've just updated the list....

I know it is an old thread but come on guys, yes he was a bit rude BUT Oakley did insinuate in advertising this 9999 pair model was at least linked to Jordan so when someone connects him to it that is because Oakley always advertises in the grey.... kinda mysterious, and lets the people come up with their opinions. Purist are factual and I respect that fully and factually this is a special edition R1 not a Jordan BUT Oakley did line his pockets with allot of cash to tack his name to them. In a sense they are R1MJ's because of that and there is nothing shady at all about associating him to them. When its done to a regular R1 and someone claims a MJ that is a different story. They are then using the name to sell high. To sum up my point, Oakley did it first so its ok for the owners to refer to them as such.

I know it is an old thread but come on guys, yes he was a bit rude BUT Oakley did insinuate in advertising this 9999 pair model was at least linked to Jordan so when someone connects him to it that is because Oakley always advertises in the grey.... kinda mysterious, and lets the people come up with their opinions. Purist are factual and I respect that fully and factually this is a special edition R1 not a Jordan BUT Oakley did line his pockets with allot of cash to tack his name to them. In a sense they are R1MJ's because of that and there is nothing shady at all about associating him to them. When its done to a regular R1 and someone claims a MJ that is a different story. They are then using the name to sell high. To sum up my point, Oakley did it first so its ok for the owners to refer to them as such.
Correct - no official release but the advertising pop card is more than an 'insinuation'....
It even displays a four digit serial.
36fb763163f84688a691d3963e9813c2.jpg

Back