• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Lens Anomaly. Help

Tripax

Oakley Beginner
Hi there guys.

I just picked up 2 Romeos and compared them and noticed that when I looked through their lens (both are claimed original, x metal etched lenses), the effect of one differs from the other when I'm looking at my phone.

One darkens the light from my iPhone . The other has a certain nondescript color warping "hazy color" effect. I really don't know how to describe it. It's like my screen looks bluish green luminous effect..

Only when I look at the light from my phone. The other pair does not have this effect.

Is this common amongst the lenses or have I been duped.

Sounds like one may be polarized and the other isn't or both are and one is installed upside down. Flip the pair over and see if the other lens does it.

Hi pardon me.. But I don't understand what u mean by flip the other pair over and see if it does it..

In any case, so romeo 1 black lenses consist of a polarised version and a non polarized version?

As xmetalmaniac indicated. Another way to check is look at the car windshield and if you see spots/waves then it is polarized. Non-polarized, you won't see the spots or waves.

I was under the impression that romeo 1 didnt come with polarized black lenses. I could be wrong. Waiting for you guys' confirmation ..

I know aftermarket like revant??lenses have those and some are specially etched.

you are correct in that genuine romeo 1 lenses with the x-metal etching are not Polarized. the effect you are seeing sounds like it is polarised - try holding them a short distance from your phone screen and turn them (or your phone) through 90degrees and you will see the screen darken if they are polarised. let us know what you find.

Hi mjt, I turn my phone 90 degrees and I c a range of colors .. Darkest color of which even is purplish.. In fact at angles I see rainbow colors..

Polarised or not, this is thus not a genuine romeo 1 original lens then?

all three colours of romeo 1 lenses (black, gold and fire iridium) were non polarised. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....
if you got them from ebay contact your seller and raise the issue with them. i think a partial refund should be in order.

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I have an R1 lens set that I'm 99.9% sure they're authentic but they're very noticeably thicker than my others and no way no how they'll fit in the frames without sanding them down. Anyone else seen this ?????

Back