• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Lens Anomaly. Help

I'll attempt an explanation. A non polarized lens will reduce light transmission evenly while looking at your phone. A polarized will show a black screen until you orient the lens and screen 90 degrees, or vice-versa. With cell phone screen technology getting smaller and smaller pixels and having the pixels not just run horizontally but vertically as well. So say all red orients itself vertically, and green orients itself horizontally. As you turn the lens or phone 90 degrees the colors are alternating allowing you to always see the image on the screen from any orientation. So all this is telling you is that one set is polarized and the other is not. To figure out if they are real oakley lenses involves a battery of Quality tests that if they fail, easily confirm they are not. If they pass the quality inspections that doesn't mean they are true Oakley lenses as well just an equivalently good lens. As far as X-Metal etching only on non-polarized I wouldn't know. I imagine they would have etched Polarized/Polarised on the lens instead of X-Metal to demand the higher retail price.

Polarized lenses are thicker because of the polarizing filter not matter if it is laminated of cast in place.

Turn the frames 45 degrees and look at your computer monitor, polarized will make the screen dark.

Back