• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Lense Swap Question

Phibz408

Oakley Beginner
So I like the look of red lenses on the romeo 1's so from what I can tell I have two options, custom cut fast jacket positive red iridium or linegear red mirror, the chops would cost about $95 and the linegears would run $68 or so. I'm looking for opinions for either one.

I like the linegear because it gives u more of a true red from more angles, but If the optics are going to suffer badley ill go positive red, I just thought maybe the linegear would be decent optics,it's not like $20 vl lenses.

I've never owned linegear lenses, but most who have agree they are much better than the alternatives. They also say they're still not as good as OEM.

So, if you're more worried about the look, go linegear. If your more concerned about caring for your only two god-given eyes, go OEM.

I personally like the look of the linegear mirror red over the + red. I have the mirror red lenses from linegear and my eyes aren't good enough to tell the difference between OEM and linegear. The linegear lenses were super clear and didn't appear dark or distorted like the VL or Exovista lenses thay I have tried. I think linegear is an excellent option when Oakley doesn't offer up a certain lens color.

I ended up going with OEM custom cuts for my R1 simply because of the fit. The linegear R1 lenses fit one of my Romeos like a glove, but the other was a real tight fit. I felt like I was forcing it and was worried that over time that damage would occur to either the lenses (stress cracks) or frame (warping).

I have a set of linegear red mirror for R1s that I am not using. Send me a PM and maybe would could work something out so that you can try them out before making a decision.

Oem all day, no competition between optics man.
Yeah provided you can still get it NIB or paying 400+ for it....
Else, Linegear is the best aftermarket. I'm in no way an associate or affiliate to LG, but I think credit should be given where it is due... just my 2 cents.