• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 on the way

Yeah, kind of blows that someone did that and then sold it as such. Still a good price. Depending on your relationship with the seller, you could always ask for a few dollars refund, that the box does not really match. Just a thought. Being me, I would at least slid it down the bar to see. All they can say is "no," OR "yeah, I guess I could knock a hundo off."🤷🏻‍♂️
Seeing as he did sell it as matching.....

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of blows that someone did that and then sold it as such. Still a good price. Depending on your relationship with the seller, you could always ask for a few dollars refund, that the box does not really match. Just a thought. Being me, I would at least slid it down the bar to see. All they can say is "no," OR "yeah, I guess I could knock a hound off."🤷🏻‍♂️
Seeing as he did sell it as matching.....
Good point. It was an Ebay sale, so I am pretty much 100% covered since ebay is so buyer friendly especially if you start arguing inaccurate description. I will make that decision when I get them though. Good advice! Thanks!

Got them in today!!! As pointed out earlier the box is NOT the original.... but again didn't buy them for the box and the price with a coin was worth it in my opinion!!! Besides... I am super pumped so thats all that really matters. X-Metal lenses with very very small stress fractures on the right lens, and what appear to be original ear socks or early replacements. Got some cleaning to do, then buy all aftermarket stuff the the original stuff gets stored away for safe keeping...

20220909_161253.jpg

20220909_161422.jpg

20220909_161723.jpg

20220909_165653.jpg

20220909_165720.jpg

20220909_165753.jpg

20220909_165836.jpg

20220909_165902.jpg

20220909_165932.jpg

Got them in today!!! As pointed out earlier the box is NOT the original.... but again didn't buy them for the box and the price with a coin was worth it in my opinion!!! Besides... I am super pumped so thats all that really matters. X-Metal lenses with very very small stress fractures on the right lens, and what appear to be original ear socks or early replacements. Got some cleaning to do, then buy all aftermarket stuff the the original stuff gets stored away for safe keeping...

View attachment 993570

View attachment 993571

View attachment 993572

View attachment 993573

View attachment 993574

View attachment 993575

View attachment 993576

View attachment 993577

View attachment 993578
As stated though, that’s very deceiving by the seller. He tricked you and for those reasons you should ask for a partial refund. I would absolutely press for it

As stated though, that’s very deceiving by the seller. He tricked you and for those reasons you should ask for a partial refund. I would absolutely press for it
Yeah I get it.... I of course wonder if the seller even knew what he had and thus perhaps didn't know about the box... or completly knew about that box, and that's why he came off his original $1000??? In all honesty I knew what I was getting, but totally spaced on the box and the sticker as I was so excited for the glasses... $770 was such a good price and I feel lucky honestly....

That’s pretty close number. There is a decent chance it’s the original box when purchased and the store just messed up. You will never know but Either way congrats. 🍻

That’s pretty close number. There is a decent chance it’s the original box when purchased and the store just messed up. You will never know but Either way congrats. 🍻
Thats a good point honestly.... However.... anyone out there with the number, make me an offer!!! LOL