• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1: prescription lenses

Nesys

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks,

Few years ago I missed my pair of Romeo 1 with prescription lenses. Now I need to do it again, and I would like to know if you can suggest an aftermarket solution for new prescription lenses.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Andrea

Oakley will still make prescription lenses for some of their older models - I believe this may include the Romeo.

If Oakley won't do it then you'll be hard pressed to get RX in R1. Only suitable aftermarket lenses are those that are base 8.75 curve (ie. high wrap sports frames) that not all eye doctors have access to.

If you want OEM then I know someone who can do it but it'd literally cost an arm and a leg which isn't worth it imo.

Call me at my work, Debonair Eyes. If you mail them to me. I can replace them with equal quality to Oakley lenses.. They are called Shamir Autograph Attitude Poly lenses. We make a few different colors, maybe you can tell me what your looking for exactly. Like lens color, single vision or progressive, polarized or transitions. I've done a dozen or so over the years. You can also email a copy of your Rx. I'm the store manager, and lab manager. 805.787.0182 debonaireyes@live.com Welcome to Debonair Eyes but more importantly if I think your rx would be an issue I'd tell you up front. How is the condition of your frame? Are the rubber gaskets in tact?

Unfortunately not, it seems

Andrea
Believe it or not I can do authentic Oakley RX!

Single vision prices as follows.

Whoever told you otherwise was wrong, or not as knowledgeable/experienced. All lenses include 2 year warranty against scratches. All lenses are Oakley true digital with O engravings, all lenses include anti reflective stealth coatings and are oleophobic for easy cleaning!

$169 for otd clear with stealth rx,
$209 for grey vr28 persimmon or bronze with backside stealth anti glare,
$270 for transitions brown or grey with anti reflective.
$310 for Transition Iridium Lenses, these are extremely cool and come in emerald, gold, or silver black iridium.
$240 for OTD black iridium emerald iridium fire iridium G30 iridium ice irid jade irid gold iridium Ruby iridium positive red iridium,
$240 for polarized grey polarized vr28 or polarized bronze, last choices are
$289 for all these iridium polarized colors like Black Iridium polarized with backside anti-reflective deep blue iridium polarized fire iridium polarized g30 iridium polarized gold iridium polarized ice iridium polarized 00 Black Iridium polarized 00 red iridium polarized Ruby iridium polarized shallow blue iridium polarized tungsten iridium polarized and vr28 Black Iridium polarized.

You send me a copy of your rx, and a 50% deposit, we'll get them started. These prices should be extremely competitive.

Pm me for more info guys.

Again I'm an optician of 14 years, and my family has been in business for 30 years.

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/conversations/romeo-1-rx.155367/#ixzz3hja9zcvX

I can also do pit boss, pit boss ii, Juliet, x squared, and xx (x metal) all for the same prices! I do not want to new with them however if they are in extremely rough shape, unless you want to cover additional costs for rubber replacement/repair.

Believe it or not I can do authentic Oakley RX!

Single vision prices as follows.

Whoever told you otherwise was wrong, or not as knowledgeable/experienced. All lenses include 2 year warranty against scratches. All lenses are Oakley true digital with O engravings, all lenses include anti reflective stealth coatings and are oleophobic for easy cleaning!

$169 for otd clear with stealth rx,
$209 for grey vr28 persimmon or bronze with backside stealth anti glare,
$270 for transitions brown or grey with anti reflective.
$310 for Transition Iridium Lenses, these are extremely cool and come in emerald, gold, or silver black iridium.
$240 for OTD black iridium emerald iridium fire iridium G30 iridium ice irid jade irid gold iridium Ruby iridium positive red iridium,
$240 for polarized grey polarized vr28 or polarized bronze, last choices are
$289 for all these iridium polarized colors like Black Iridium polarized with backside anti-reflective deep blue iridium polarized fire iridium polarized g30 iridium polarized gold iridium polarized ice iridium polarized 00 Black Iridium polarized 00 red iridium polarized Ruby iridium polarized shallow blue iridium polarized tungsten iridium polarized and vr28 Black Iridium polarized.

You send me a copy of your rx, and a 50% deposit, we'll get them started. These prices should be extremely competitive.

Pm me for more info guys.

Again I'm an optician of 14 years, and my family has been in business for 30 years.

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/conversations/romeo-1-rx.155367/#ixzz3hja9zcvX

It's great to hear that we have another new forum member who can provide a valuable service to our community. Glad to have you.

To nit-pick on the rules, though, a business solicitation like this really isn't allowed in a discussion thread / forum. It should be posted in the exchange section.

You've already met the minimum post requirements to access the exchange, but you still need to meet the two weeks membership requirement.

Alternatively, you could support the forum and purchase a premium membership for immediately exchange access, along with other perks.

Again, welcome, and good luck with things.

It's great to hear that we have another new forum member who can provide a valuable service to our community. Glad to have you.

To nit-pick on the rules, though, a business solicitation like this really isn't allowed in a discussion thread / forum. It should be posted in the exchange section.

You've already met the minimum post requirements to access the exchange, but you still need to meet the two weeks membership requirement.

Alternatively, you could support the forum and purchase a premium membership for immediately exchange access, along with other perks.

Again, welcome, and good luck with things.
Totally understand. I also want to apologize to the community for breaking what is an important rule. I went once earlier to exchange and wondered why I couldn't use it. I'll look further into both options after hours! If you know how to remove the last comment I'd be happy to do it. Sorry again guys.

Back