• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 ready to have a customize frame

My father was a tool maker/machinist I wish I would have had the opportunity to learn a bit of that trade.

I joined the Marines may of 2001, at 18. I guess military aviation provided the most secure aviation jobs at that time.

I don't know what half the aviation terms mean, but thought I would brag on my son real quick. He is a Staff Sargeant in the USAF, stationed at Minot AFB in ND, the coldest place on earth, lol!!!! He is a Crew Chief on a B-52 Stratofortress. I went to stay with him 5 years ago in Winter. 55 degrees below zero, screw that!!!! He is worked on the flight line down to 45 below, and sometimes colder if something really needs to get done. I spent a Sunday afternoon climbing all over his jet. It was 24 below but I could have stayed in that piece of history all day. It's amazing how that plane has changed as the new technology came into being. I couldn't help but think of all the missions his jet had accomplished and the countless brave men that have flown her. Seeing our family name on the side of that jet was one of the proudest moments in my life. This is the same son who ran over my Juliets with my 1 ton dually truck. Many asked me if I made him buy me a new pair, nope, the reason why? The words above are just the start of it. I am darn proud of my Airman!!!!! I figured I better mention sunglasses some where in this post, lol!!!!!! For all our members who have served and for those still serving, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! !

Back