• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Replacement Lens Value

jcesl2

I should Work at Oakley
Virginia
I saw a new set sell for close to $200 on ebay a couple weeks ago. Are they really worth that much? I have a Romeo 1 I was trying to trade off, think I am going to sell it. But if the lenses are worth that much, I can take them out (have a brand new replacement set in them) and sell the two for more.

Or was that just a fluke? Then again, polarized Juliet ice lenses keep selling for over $100.

I saw a new set sell for close to $200 on ebay a couple weeks ago. Are they really worth that much? I have a Romeo 1 I was trying to trade off, think I am going to sell it. But if the lenses are worth that much, I can take them out (have a brand new replacement set in them) and sell the two for more.

Or was that just a fluke? Then again, polarized Juliet ice lenses keep selling for over $100.

If your willing to pay that much, then it's worth it to the buyer. I have seen them sell for $150+. But that doesn't mean your pair will. Plus your not getting $200 total, figure in listing fees, selling fees, shipping cost, shipping fees, then you get the difference. Also he may have listed it numerous times before it sold. I know of a few sellers that have ridiculous prices on their stuff, it never sells, but eventually it will because somebody will pay for it because they want it.

There are some people that list stuff based on the going rate of an item. This is not always true. Some sellers will buy there own stuff with a bogus account, withdraw from the transaction and cancel it. But the completed listing still show
It sold. Then they list again a week later saying they have another pair. You think because it sold previous for that much it's worth it.

If you want to have an etched OEM lens you have to go the expensive way. They are rare!
The cheapest way for an OEM lens would be cutting an OEM lens (no X METAL etching). Around 1/3 of $ 200.

i'd definitely pay that much for an original oakley replacement set with the x-metal etching in fire iridium. they have to be completely clear of microscratches, but if they are the real deal mint, then yea. if anybody has those Romeo 1 lenses in storage, PM me!

i'd definitely pay that much for an original oakley replacement set with the x-metal etching in fire iridium. they have to be completely clear of microscratches, but if they are the real deal mint, then yea. if anybody has those Romeo 1 lenses in storage, PM me!

Not yet, but .....

Latest Posts

Back