• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1

I hear you on buying something you don't want, that makes total sense unless it is like you said and a ridiculous deal... Oh by the way, I hate you for getting a BNIB pair for that cheap...!! :)

Well given some of the people on here are getting like minty Romeo's for $150 on CL, I figured I was due my score at some point. BUT---I did find myself an X Metal frame for $415 shipped; frame is in very good condition from the pics and the gaskets are good too; will look nice with either my new Ruby or Black Iridium Polarized custom cuts and some red rubber-pair that with my Plasma which I'm having Ice customs put into and a Scelzi R2, and that should make for a nice Romeo trio to sit alongside my Juliet trio and X Squared trio.

Well given some of the people on here are getting like minty Romeo's for $150 on CL, I figured I was due my score at some point. BUT---I did find myself an X Metal frame for $415 shipped; frame is in very good condition from the pics and the gaskets are good too; will look nice with either my new Ruby or Black Iridium Polarized custom cuts and some red rubber-pair that with my Plasma which I'm having Ice customs put into and a Scelzi R2, and that should make for a nice Romeo trio to sit alongside my Juliet trio and X Squared trio.

Oh yeah I really hate those guys!! :tongue:

I am actually getting kinda tired of chasing these damn things... I won't say I missed a pair on eBay but he ended up selling them for $350 after dropping the buy it now... I tried to get him to $300 since he didn't have anything to go with it, they were X-Metals and weren't listed as Romeo's on eBay so I thought I could beat him up... I lost that battle so on to the next one

Oh yeah I really hate those guys!! :tongue:

I am actually getting kinda tired of chasing these damn things... I won't say I missed a pair on eBay but he ended up selling them for $350 after dropping the buy it now... I tried to get him to $300 since he didn't have anything to go with it, they were X-Metals and weren't listed as Romeo's on eBay so I thought I could beat him up... I lost that battle so on to the next one

I see that auction-that's not a bad price at all....$370 shipped for a pair with nothing, other pairs like that are going for $50-$70 more...plus the gaskets and lenses on that pair look better than most. If he'd listed those as Romeo's and did a 7 day auction they probably would have fetched $100+ more.

But I'm with you...I got good and sick and tired of the chase too. Part of the fun IS the chase...but after awhile you just want the damn things and get tired of setting up notifications and checking it everytime it dings just to find its an aftermarket set of lenses or some overpriced frame that will need another $150 to make wearable.

I see that auction-that's not a bad price at all....$370 shipped for a pair with nothing, other pairs like that are going for $50-$70 more...plus the gaskets and lenses on that pair look better than most. If he'd listed those as Romeo's and did a 7 day auction they probably would have fetched $100+ more.

But I'm with you...I got good and sick and tired of the chase too. Part of the fun IS the chase...but after awhile you just want the damn things and get tired of setting up notifications and checking it everytime it dings just to find its an aftermarket set of lenses or some overpriced frame that will need another $150 to make wearable.

Yep, I actually went on to eBay to message him and buy them since they seemed like a decent deal and I saw that he dropped his BIN and they went quickly so I missed out... The more and more I thought about it, it did seem like a good deal for a good looking set of X-Metal R1's but there will be more, Hopefully!

Back