• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2.0 Lens Retaining Screws

Anyone can help? I found a website that sells these screws, but I have no clue of what size it is.
McMaster-Carr

My glasses are X-SQUARED :(

This zombie thread that you resurrected is about the Romeo 2.0 (R2). You can get replacement screws for X-Squared (XS) from linegear here:

Screws & Others - LINEGEAR

And FWIW the XS orbital screws are 2-56x3.9 and the earstem hinge screws for XS are 2-56x5.

R2 Lense Screw and XS bridge screw are interchangeable....At least from what I have tried. FYI
Also the Line gear link you posted does not include the screw he was looking for.

I have a pretty extensive set of thread pitch gauges, I'll get the exact demensions measured for you, and post them here in a bit. This is a legitimate question being that R2 Lens Screws and XS bridge screws are VERY easy to strip out.

R2 Lense Screw and XS bridge screw are interchangeable....At least from what I have tried. FYI
Also the Line gear link you posted does not include the screw he was looking for.

Yeah we figured that out already on another thread where he asked the same thing.

Yeah we figured that out already on another thread where he asked the same thing.

Don't really know what forum you are looking at but @Jaberamari only has 2 posts and both are on this thread.

On to the important part. Below is actual R2 Pin measurements.

r2 pin.jpg

The closest matching McMaster Part is
92845a001l.gif

I measured the thread pitch and it is indeed a #4-40 pitch, and overall with of the threads is .005" difference vs the drawings from McMaster, This is nothing to concern over. However, The McMaster part is .021" shorter overall, and the length of the shaft is significantly shorter. That being said, it "should' work for R2 Lenses, but I would not recomend using that for an XS nose bridge. The reason being is that the purpose of the length of the shaft is imperative to how the orbitals mount to the bridge. The unthreaded portion of the set screw goes through the flex coupler, and the orbital tab, and the differenc in the diameter of the threaded portion of the McMaster part could cause problems while installing or removing.

So to Answer the OP, from a couple years ago, the above mcmaster part will most likely work with an R2 lens.

Thanks guys, and much appreciates. I contacted McMaster, and this is what they had to say

Thank you for considering McMaster-Carr for your purchase of dog screws, but we decline to bid.
Due to the cost of complying with extensive US export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international purchases only from our established international customers.

I guess I am stuck with the XS :(

Perhaps I can find them locally, but what out the exact dimension I would have to use the above dimensions. Unless you can tell me the exact dimensions so I can look it up online locally for better fitting....

Thanks again for the great help and support.

Don't really know what forum you are looking at but @Jaberamari only has 2 posts and both are on this thread.

The thread was deleted, probably because a misunderstanding led to things getting a little testy. Had you been on at the right time yesterday you might have seen it.

Which also explains why there was never a response to a tag I made - @scienergy, have you ever made/sourced these?

I'm truly frustrated, Oakley won't send them, and I can't find anything like that out of the US.

I shoulda bought a replica from China. At least I'd find all the spare parts easily.

Back