• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 Lenses are NOW AVAILABLE from Fuse Lenses in Florida!

Yo Flawch!

Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NJ, USA
After some discussions with veteran members of the OF, and observing the (former) current offerings in aftermarket lenses, I realized that we needed a better option for Romeo 2 replacement lenses.

OEM Romeo 2 lenses are getting more and more difficult to find, especially in mint/new condition. As far as aftermarket goes, you could (formerly) buy cheap triacetate lenses from Walleva, Revant, or other Asian no-name brands on Amazon/eBay. I tried all of these options; every pair I tried was either garbage quality and/or was not even close to fitting. Linegear makes Romeo 2 lenses that fit, but the prices and shipping costs are prohibitive. The cheapest non-polarized Linegear lens you can buy for the Romeo 2 is $84 including shipping to the US. Now, you can get quality polycarbonate lenses for your Romeo 2 for less than a third of that price, and quality polarized polycarbonate lenses for less than half of that price.

I spoke to both Doug at Ikon Lenses and Brandon at Fuse Lenses. Both were willing to try to make quality, good-fitting lenses for the Romeo 2, and both companies make really nice lenses! I couldn't send my frame to both, so I decided to go with Brandon and Fuse Lenses. Why? 2 reasons:

1) Ikon Lenses, while REALLY nice, can sometimes be (believe it or not) too thick for Oakley frames. I've measured several Ikon lenses to be thicker than 1.8mm, some as much as 2mm thick, which could be a problem with respect to fitting the Romeo 2 frame.

2) Fuse Lenses has excellent quality, customer service, and turnaround time. Also the base curve on the Fuse Romeo 2 lenses is 8, which is pretty close to the OEM 8.75. I can't tell the difference.

This is not a knock on Ikon Lenses - they may have been able to make quality Romeo 2 lenses, but I had to make a choice. Maybe someone else on the forum would be willing to send their frame to Ikon to see what lenses they could come up with? I've already done my part :cool:

Here is a video Brandon at Fuse made, memorializing the development of the Romeo 2 lens. It's on Instagram, so if you may or may not be able to view it.

Romeo 2 Lens Development at Fuse Lenses in Florida

Here is a shot of showing OEM Black Iridium lenses (top) and Fuse "Sapphire" polarized lenses (bottom). Fuse Sapphire looks like something in between Oakley Jade and G26, in my opinion.

IMG_9994.JPG

Here's another shot of the lenses, recently posted in the WOAYWT thread.

2022Romeo2XMFuseSapphire[likeG26].jpg

Brandon even made a video showing a unique method for installing Romeo 2 lenses. This video is not online, but if you send me your email address, I can send you the short video. For lens removal, I recommend removing the lens screw with a T5 screwdriver, then slipping the lenses out. Then gently screw in the lens screw, making sure the "donut" shaped gasket in around the screw, inside the lens channel in the frame. Then follow Brandon's method for installing, which is basically inserting the temple side first, then "popping" in the nasal side second.

If anyone has scratched up OEM lenses, or poorly fitting aftermarket lenses, I encourage you to give Fuse a try.

After some discussions with veteran members of the OF, and observing the (former) current offerings in aftermarket lenses, I realized that we needed a better option for Romeo 2 replacement lenses.

OEM Romeo 2 lenses are getting more and more difficult to find, especially in mint/new condition. As far as aftermarket goes, you could (formerly) buy cheap triacetate lenses from Walleva, Revant, or other Asian no-name brands on Amazon/eBay. I tried all of these options; every pair I tried was either garbage quality and/or was not even close to fitting. Linegear makes Romeo 2 lenses that fit, but the prices and shipping costs are prohibitive. The cheapest non-polarized Linegear lens you can buy for the Romeo 2 is $84 including shipping to the US. Now, you can get quality polycarbonate lenses for your Romeo 2 for less than a third of that price, and quality polarized polycarbonate lenses for less than half of that price.

I spoke to both Doug at Ikon Lenses and Brandon at Fuse Lenses. Both were willing to try to make quality, good-fitting lenses for the Romeo 2, and both companies make really nice lenses! I couldn't send my frame to both, so I decided to go with Brandon and Fuse Lenses. Why? 2 reasons:

1) Ikon Lenses, while REALLY nice, can sometimes be (believe it or not) too thick for Oakley frames. I've measured several Ikon lenses to be thicker than 1.8mm, some as much as 2mm thick, which could be a problem with respect to fitting the Romeo 2 frame.

2) Fuse Lenses has excellent quality, customer service, and turnaround time. Also the base curve on the Fuse Romeo 2 lenses is 8, which is pretty close to the OEM 8.75. I can't tell the difference.

This is not a knock on Ikon Lenses - they may have been able to make quality Romeo 2 lenses, but I had to make a choice. Maybe someone else on the forum would be willing to send their frame to Ikon to see what lenses they could come up with? I've already done my part :cool:

Here is a video Brandon at Fuse made, memorializing the development of the Romeo 2 lens. It's on Instagram, so if you may or may not be able to view it.

Romeo 2 Lens Development at Fuse Lenses in Florida

Here is a shot of showing OEM Black Iridium lenses (top) and Fuse "Sapphire" polarized lenses (bottom). Fuse Sapphire looks like something in between Oakley Jade and G26, in my opinion.

View attachment 959299

Here's another shot of the lenses, recently posted in the WOAYWT thread.

View attachment 959300

Brandon even made a video showing a unique method for installing Romeo 2 lenses. This video is not online, but if you send me your email address, I can send you the short video. For lens removal, I recommend removing the lens screw with a T5 screwdriver, then slipping the lenses out. Then gently screw in the lens screw, making sure the "donut" shaped gasket in around the screw, inside the lens channel in the frame. Then follow Brandon's method for installing, which is basically inserting the temple side first, then "popping" in the nasal side second.

If anyone has scratched up OEM lenses, or poorly fitting aftermarket lenses, I encourage you to give Fuse a try.
They look great!

I have an R2 Wild Joker Ruby lens for sale but they come with the R2's😂
And a bit more than FUSE.

Where's the R2 Wild Joker Ruby posting? I'd like to see it ;)
I haven't posted, preparing for the cost abuse, (as I don't close my sales thread, leave them open for the fun)...thinking about it.
Stay tuned.
Sorry brother, didn't mean to poach your thread.

@chrisahardaway is right now making some Rx R2 lenses for me...first time I've asked him to do something for me, but everything I've read from his previous clients suggests I'm gonna be really happy with the outcome. I know Rx is a different beast from the Fuse lenses, but it's great to have that option, too. That Fuse IG vid was pretty cool! 🍻

Back