• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2, original or fake?

maxwelwata

Oakley Beginner
Hello members, I'm a new here and I would like your help to know if this Romeo 2 is fake or not, my doubt is because the seller says this is 1st generation, so no S/N and the sticker on the box is damaged! So I'm afraid o pay 300usd for a fake one!

Thanks for all in advance!!
Screenshot_20190403-232248.png
Screenshot_20190403-232257.png
Screenshot_20190403-232252.png
Screenshot_20190403-232244.png
Screenshot_20190403-232238.png
Screenshot_20190403-232316.png
Screenshot_20190403-232311.png
Screenshot_20190403-232325.png

No Romeo 2 carried a serial. Only the last of the line, post box change had the sku - model number but they are very few and far between and yes there are indeed fakes out there.

I believe Discostu is correct. They look real or they are really good fakes. It could be a first generation for a Romeo 2 and not have a serial number. Different glasses generations mean different things--Juliet first generations should have a serial but romeo 2 do not have to since they were released much later-- o review have them released 2004 when serials were going away.

In my opinion, people will rip off the stickers or parts of stickers to make it appear to be a complete set if it the box in fact came with a a different frame finish or lens. I bet that is why the sticker is torn. I have gotten several Juliet boxes with sticker ripped off and I believe it's because of that reason.

Last edited:
I believe Discostu is correct. They look real or they are really good fakes. It could be a first generation for a Romeo and not have a serial number. Different glasses generations mean different things--Juliet first generations should have a serial but romeo do not have to since they were released much later-- o review have them released 2004 when serials were going away.

In my opinion, people will rip off the stickers or parts of stickers to make it appear to be a complete set if it the box in fact came with a a different frame finish or lens. I bet that is why the sticker is torn. I have gotten several Juliet boxes with sticker ripped off and I believe it's because of that reason.
I read this to quickly. Romeo 2 did contain a sku number printed on the arm, they were not completely blank. As far as serial numbers are concerned Romeo 1 had serial numbers so I believe your post requires some clarification.
image.jpg

Back