• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 Problem.. Anybody Else?

Hando

Oakley Expert
I ordered some lenses from salj838, and while the cut of the lenses is amazing and it seems like they should work fine.. they definitely don't sit right. Problem is, this isn't the first pair of lenses for the R2 I've gotten. I've got some cheap Revant ones that came with them, and I have linegear as well. All the lenses seem like they should fit perfectly, but they're so loose I wonder if I'm missing something.

Is there a gasket or something that holds the lenses in place that I'm missing? I've got the screws in there, but seriously, if I clean the lenses I can pull the lenses out even with the screws in place.

Any ideas?

I've tried using multiple 100 mph tape shims, but no luck. I'm about to glue the f'n lenses in.

lol doughnut gasket around the screw. don't know the size but you could cut an old Juliet earsock.

God.. damnit.

No wonder.

I'll try the old juliet earsock idea, but anybody happen to have something that might work better?

R2 is a bad ass in terms
of accessories availability. Good luck in finding answers. few guys here might have a suggestion to your problem but my best bet is to custom cut the gasket.

Atty and Dragon, got home.. snipped off the ends of some crappy walleva juliet ear socks. Shoved them in there.. and voila, they're now wearable. I still ordered a gasket set and will try to find a better fit, but this works for now. Thanks guys!!

Atty and Dragon, got home.. snipped off the ends of some crappy walleva juliet ear socks. Shoved them in there.. and voila, they're now wearable. I still ordered a gasket set and will try to find a better fit, but this works for now. Thanks guys!!
Hello wondering if the lenses are now working fine? Just double checking if the cut lenses now fits well on your frame after putting the improvised gasket. Thanks

Latest Posts

Back