• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2 purchase advice

Hxxro

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
What’s up aficionados,

Found this Romeo 2 for sale for $350 on offer up.

Seller says replaced original lenses for this brand called “visionary” (never heard) and just comes with case shown in pic.

Looking for a second opinion to make sure it’s worth it.

Thanks as always!

0917CF94-8608-4CDA-AD6F-756338CC719F.png

1504C101-6A22-4384-AA02-85F5C480CE09.png

4BBEA4AF-543A-4544-AEDD-756AEF685C64.png

47A91124-327A-41B9-B158-7E398155357F.png

Visionary lenses has been talked about on the forum. I read somewhere that they do not make lenses for Oakley frames anymore.

Last edited:
I recently bought a set of plasma R2s here on OF for $380 with perfect lenses on them. Sent them to X-Man for an X-Metal refinish and to Chris for Rx lenses and I absolutely love them, now my daily outdoor wear. I felt good about the original $380 I paid and would do it again for the same outcome.

I recently bought a set of plasma R2s here on OF for $380 with perfect lenses on them. Sent them to X-Man for an X-Metal refinish and to Chris for Rx lenses and I absolutely love them, now my daily outdoor wear. I felt good about the original $380 I paid and would do it again for the same outcome.
sounds like you could hook up the OP with the original lenses since you arent using them :)

@Chris A Hardaway ... That lens company is in your part of the world... opinion on them?
Nebber hooid ov demz.
Never heard of 'em

Think about what you'd pay for the frame and the price doesn't sound crazy at all. But not an amazing steal. Seems fair if they are legit to me.

I think the lenses look too mirrored for my personal taste.

I just purchased a couple of R2s off of a good buddy here on the forum for roughly 250–275. Keep in mind that on my frames those lenses need to be replaced and the frames need tune up with new rubber. I feel like I paid a fair price for the frames considering the work that it is going to take to get them in solid wearable condition. If you need a tuneup and new lenses I would say that 350 is too much. Also remember that the rubber is difficult to really assess until it is in your hands. I agree with the previous assessment of offering at $275 and walking at $300.

I just purchased a couple of R2s off of a good buddy here on the forum for roughly 250–275. Keep in mind that on my frames those lenses need to be replaced and the frames need tune up with new rubber. I feel like I paid a fair price for the frames considering the work that it is going to take to get them in solid wearable condition. If you need a tuneup and new lenses I would say that 350 is too much. Also remember that the rubber is difficult to really assess until it is in your hands. I agree with the previous assessment of offering at $275 and walking at $300.
I have some oem rootbeer rubber sets, if any1 is in need 😉

Back