• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo facial fitting

Skyler

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
I'm interested graduating unto a Romeo 1 but I have yet to handle one.

Given that x-squared frame sits on my cheekbones, pinches them slightly after a while. Large nose pads almost touches my nose only.

Juliet touches nose and slightly cheekbones but no pinching at all nor being uncomfortable.

Given my facial type history, how would a Romeo fit?

Last edited:
Given my facial type history, how would a Romeo fit?

We need pics of your face...
...I'm kidding :p

A lot of people have similar experiences with the X Squared. I am one of them and I know enough others to state that as fact.

The R1 sits more on the bridge of your nose.
To contrast/compare the R1 to the X Squared and Juliet they are more like the Juliet.

With the R1 there are other concerns. For example, if you have an 'epic mullet' you may have issues since the R1 really needs to be put on more like goggles since they do not flex in the front - big hair could get in the way. Also you could have a MI complex and develop a Tom Cruise alter ego when wearing them, which would also be epic, in a douchy kind of way and could lead to a yearning for scientology and other bad habits.

That said the R1 is probably the biggest investment of all X-Metals sans the rare/limited runs so walk, don't run, and try your best to try before you buy. ;)

Seriously, try before you buy!

Understood.
Rare they are unfortunately... As I cannot just try them!
I guess I could always purchase and sell if they don't fit well.

By the way... I don't have the Tom cruise complex or have yet.

I guess I could always purchase and sell if they don't fit well.
That is the key - understanding value to the level where you will not take a loss if you do not care for the pair...Find someone near where you live, or PM me and maybe I have a solution for you. ;)

By the way... I don't have the Tom cruise complex or have yet.
But you could if you get an R1 :lol:

I have a similar fit profile as the OP and I find R1 fit perfectly with adjustments. They have an added bonus that you can tweak them to fit faces for both high and low nasal bridge - just switch the nosebombs left/right and install them 'upside down'. The R1s never touch cheek unlike the XS due to the curvature of the orbitals.

I have a similar fit profile as the OP and I find R1 fit perfectly with adjustments. They have an added bonus that you can tweak them to fit faces for both high and low nasal bridge - just switch the nosebombs left/right and install them 'upside down'. The R1s never touch cheek unlike the XS due to the curvature of the orbitals.

Nice to hear!!!!

I think Juliets are by far the most popular X-Metal because they fit most of the population. The R1s by comparison fit me perfectly but there are plenty of people I know who try them on and they are too loose. Because there is no real flexible nose bridge, it can't get any tighter than a certain point. They sit on the nose just fine but feel loose around the head.

Also for petite women who I've lent them to, they've tended to bypass the nose bridge altogether and just seem to sit right on the cheek due to the larger orbitals. But to summarize, they are bigger for sure. More for folks with a bigger head.

Back