• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Fans?

No wonder they aren't being sold for a ridiculous amount. GLWS.

that´s nearly the normal price our days people ask for a R1 even without lenses.
the price evolution run to high for R1 since a couple of months.
I´m a real R1 lover, it´s one of my favorite frames but I cannot bring back the days when they were sold for 200 $ around e.g. :(

I need to find someone near me that wants to let me borrow a pair to try on. I love the look of them but with my stupid fat head I'm scared to spend so much for them and not like the way they feel while wearing them.

I like the first Romeo the best. Someday I would like to try the Romeo and a penny pair as well.

For me I've been through about 4 pairs this way and that, and in the end I just don't like the way they look on me.
Way too alienesque. People kinda look at you like you're a bit of a freak, like what is that on your face?? But if that's the attention you want, like idk some oakley fans like that...with the OTT's and Mars and all..I'm just not that way.

Romeos are beautiful to look at on the display mantle though...and they are the grail metal model. For me the fact that I didn't wear them much, and knowing how much they were worth, I always ended up getting rid of them.

Other members know I tried to paint a straight stem custom pair for myself and it didn't end well. Another member bought the fiasco off my hands for a great price and polished the frame.

This pair will need some work, refinishing (marks/discoloration on frame) and lenses. So probably more like 700 by the time it's all over with. Too rich for my blood.

Also there is the design problem...you get spider cracks in the lenses because of the way the frame is designed...Why people love a frame with a glaring design problem so much kinda boggles me...It's just a collector thing... And changing lenses is a bitch until you're practiced at it.

For me I've been through about 4 pairs this way and that, and in the end I just don't like the way they look on me.
Way too alienesque. People kinda look at you like you're a bit of a freak, like what is that on your face?? But if that's the attention you want, like idk some oakley fans like that...with the OTT's and Mars and all..I'm just not that way.

Romeos are beautiful to look at on the display mantle though...and they are the grail metal model. For me the fact that I didn't wear them much, and knowing how much they were worth, I always ended up getting rid of them.

Other members know I tried to paint a straight stem custom pair for myself and it didn't end well. Another member bought the fiasco off my hands for a great price and polished the frame.

This pair will need some work, refinishing (marks/discoloration on frame) and lenses. So probably more like 700 by the time it's all over with. Too rich for my blood.

Also there is the design problem...you get spider cracks in the lenses because of the way the frame is designed...Why people love a frame with a glaring design problem so much kinda boggles me...It's just a collector thing... And changing lenses is a bitch until you're practiced at it.

So why don't you tell us what you REALLY think of them? :)

Latest Posts

Back