• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Romeo Jordan - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a side note, this question also answers a recent thread about 'why boxed and serial matched sets are so important'.

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Some people reacted to this post.
Are we sure that's an R1? And when did Oakley start using serial numbers??? o_O

Just kidding.... But good info from @mjt42, I didn't know about the color variation either. I need to get one of these someday....:rolleyes:

Username Hidden said:
Are we sure that's an R1? And when did Oakley start using serial numbers??? o_O

Just kidding.... But good info from @mjt42, I didn't know about the color variation either. I need to get one of these someday....:rolleyes:
Buy my X-metal R1's then LOL!!!

Username Hidden said:
Buy my X-metal R1's then LOL!!!
I have some R1's, just not Jordan...;)

Username Hidden said:
To the experts in the forum, I have received a question regarding the location of the 4 serial on the frame. Please feel free to comment on this to asure the interested member that this is a genuine Oakley Romeo "Jordan" (4 digit serial).

I have tagged some who I know might have some insight, but anyone else feel free to comment.
Thanks

@Dnkeyhnter @LinusOBerlin @BriP @xmetalmaniac @Wicked @saulsaul @discostu @supersharp @Oakley-olic @Oakley for life @Carrera1963 @Yasargil

View attachment 251220
Weren't X metals especially Romeos hand made lol

Bro, that is a legit Jordan.. dingo asked me the same question about the serial placement. So I asked Linus and he asked his boy that has 9 Jordan romeos if it was legit and he assured us that it is legit.

I have never seen a Jordan with the serial this high. Every one I've seen had the serial right down near the lower edge. But I've only seen maybe 20 pieces and 9,999 were made so not a big enough sample. Am sure it's legit knowing the total randomness of Oakley serial stamping in general.

Ask Cody!

Username Hidden said:
Bro, that is a legit Jordan.. dingo asked me the same question about the serial placement. So I asked Linus and he asked his boy that has 9 Jordan romeos if it was legit and he assured us that it is legit.

Username Hidden said:
that dingo guy is genius, but that's just me .. Glws bro no doubt real!

Sorry for the late reply on this. I have seen and owned early X metals with high placed serials but cannot check my own Jordan as I am on holiday. I do however have a photo of an early frame I had a while back with a hand written (Jordan type) serial with a 'high' number in the photo below. The colour appears correct to the early lighter finish as previously stated so I would have absolutely no doubts that this is a genuine piece.

null_zpse7c7f173.jpg

Just to add also that you will find very likely that the lenses do not have the 'notch' associated with the usual Romeo lens and a later lens possessing the said notch will be too large for this frame.
Jordan lens below -

AB3941E4-CC84-4A2B-BD46-B94CA1048B1B_zpsu0kzkr13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.