• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo Lenses

Does it really matter?

does matter to me. the reason i get oakleys are for the optics. frame design is a very close second but still a good reason.

i do not want aftermarket lenses just so i can restore the oakley look. it has to be oakley lenses, although i may consider custom cut oakley lenses. it is still oakley.

does matter to me. the reason i get oakleys are for the optics. frame design is a very close second but still a good reason.

i do not want aftermarket lenses just so i can restore the oakley look. it has to be oakley lenses, although i may consider custom cut oakley lenses. it is still oakley.

I'm saying if you had engraved custom cuts instead of oem made. Does it even matter. It's the same damn thing.

we ARE saying we want oakley lenses, no aftermarket lenses... but if it was custom cut oakley lenses WITH CUSTOM ENGRAVING as well, would it be that much different to the $300 original factory etched lenses? i think not. maybe for collectability sake fair enough, but function and form are unaffected

question though....do you have to cut at a certain part of the lens to get the same curvature when you custom cut? or will it not matter which part of the lens you cut? i was simply thinking if the curvature is the same throughout the entire lens, that even if you cut from the sides, the curvature is the same and the optics are still awesome?

question though....do you have to cut at a certain part of the lens to get the same curvature when you custom cut? or will it not matter which part of the lens you cut? i was simply thinking if the curvature is the same throughout the entire lens, that even if you cut from the sides, the curvature is the same and the optics are still awesome?

If done right yes.

its best to cut from the centre of the lens as much as possible- line up the line of vision if you can. also with polarised lenses you cant rotate too much as that will cause the polaric filters to not function at full capacity.

overall there are limitations but if you know how to do it, it'll still be awesome

its best to cut from the centre of the lens as much as possible- line up the line of vision if you can. also with polarised lenses you cant rotate too much as that will cause the polaric filters to not function at full capacity.

overall there are limitations but if you know how to do it, it'll still be awesome

so that still means that there is a difference. unless you know the seller, or the actual guy that chopped up the lens, you would have no way of knowing if they did a good job or not. because if it is simply resizing the lens from any angle, i think you and q are right in saying that it does not matter if they were oem or custom cut...

Back