• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo - Plasma Vs Titanium

err.. there IS a gen 1 plasma for the romeo. think about it logically guys it was made before the juliet. ive seen it, bone white. dont confuse with gen 1 titanium whih is sometimes close in pictures, but is in fact a more "creamy gold" color. the difference is subtle but there is a difference.

Since no one has bothered to answer my question about the AngelAir's Plasma/Fire R1 that I posted, I will ask another question. Is this the "Bone" Plasma that some posters have referred to?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Juli...sses_Adults&hash=item3a912b15eb#ht_429wt_1094

If so, then there has been a Plasma "Bone" finish R1 back in the day that had the finish just like the one pictured in the above listing?

David

still searching for that bone plasma r1. if it is like early plasma, i would venture a guess it is similar to creamy/bone tiO2 or 24k orbitals on the first gen xmxx

If you go back and look at the picks you will see it is indeed serial matched 10144 on box and frame.
So there are two generations of plasma ,they are not however defined by a change in finish,these look the same as every Plasma R1 frame I have seen.
The so calle bone finish if it exists is probably a variation or a product of the enviroment it has been exposed to.For example I have 2 paairs of XX Plasma one has been worn for 14years the other never and the finish on them looks completely different,(they are about 600 numbers apart) so I think it is fair to say they probably started off the same.

If you go back and look at the picks you will see it is indeed serial matched 10144 on box and frame.
So there are two generations of plasma ,they are not however defined by a change in finish,these look the same as every Plasma R1 frame I have seen.
The so calle bone finish if it exists is probably a variation or a product of the enviroment it has been exposed to.For example I have 2 paairs of XX Plasma one has been worn for 14years the other never and the finish on them looks completely different,(they are about 600 numbers apart) so I think it is fair to say they probably started off the same.

Ok, so it is fair to say that the Plasma R1 that I have (and yours) are 1st Gen by logical following of the nomenclature (since it is not followed with an "A" suffix) correct?
So the difference between 1st and latter Gens for Ti/Gold R1s are indicated by the difference between Bone (1st Gen) and "Plasma sheen" (latter Gens) correct?

David

Ok, so it is fair to say that the Plasma R1 that I have (and yours) are 1st Gen by logical following of the nomenclature (since it is not followed with an "A" suffix) correct?
Yes correct.

So the difference between 1st and latter Gens for Ti/Gold R1s are indicated by the difference between Bone (1st Gen) and "Plasma sheen" (latter Gens) correct?

Again yes,unless someone has a matt with an A or a shiny one with no A ,then its back to square one.

David

Guys, Ill take one of those titanium R1's off your hand...Really, I will

My R1 is Titanium and I believe it is first gen based on the serial number. It looks to be the matte 'bone' finish.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I also have first gen XX in TiO2 and 24K for comparison which are the 'creamy' plasma orbitals.
photo 4.JPG