• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Romeo Xmetal Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
I feel like we are all guilty in a way. We want to buy from the forum cheaper than ebay but alot of people including myself sell on eBay rather than forum for whatever reason to make more money, ease or because we pay $1 max fees. More and more people on forum are locking their threads because of all the negativity surrounding sales threads, some because their prices are ridiculous and they are flippers and they don't want to be called out publicly, others because the quality or legitimacy is questionable. I personally feel that a gentle hand is more effective than a punch in the face but as stated above I don't want to come here and all I see is overpriced garbage polluting the exchange. Any suggestions on how to make it better?
Well, shame is a powerful forgotten tool in this over-pussified, narcissistic world. I joined this forum because I like to think the majority of us are Oakley purists who relish in the good 'ol days. We know the nostalgia and value, and looking to help one another.
The blasting of parasites who think they can come in and try to take advantage of us is justified, in my opinion, because we should be calling these people out because it's insulting to the love and respect of the product and community.
Protesting religion in the streets is way different than being blasphemous in the temple; we're going to send them to hell.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Everyone always complains about how high the prices on eBay and the other classified sites are, yet wants the OF to operate like it. Willful misrepresentation should be mentioned when warranted. They know what they’re doing.

If you want more of this kind of stuff to flood the exchange, then by all means, say nothing

What’s the point of an offer if they auto-refuse it? And here I thought I was being generous!

042C4B5A-2371-4462-B43B-9B81398BF9AB.png

Seriously though, I want to thank you all for making me legitimately laugh for over 5 minutes, and I want to give a special thanks to the OP for leaving this unlocked. Balls of X-Metal. Bravo!

Username Hidden said:
What’s the point of an offer if they auto-refuse it? And here I thought I was being generous!

View attachment 824701

Seriously though, I want to thank you all for making me legitimately laugh for over 5 minutes, and I want to give a special thanks to the OP for leaving this unlocked. Balls of X-Metal. Bravo!
I didn't know Mars were a part of SI..
🤷‍♂️
🤦
🤣

Username Hidden said:
I didn't know Mars were a part of SI..
🤷‍♂️
🤦
🤣
You’re thinking Standard Issue, these are Stupid Issue, easy mistake.

Back to the original post though, weren’t these sold already, without a box?

You absolutely deserve to get blasted on here for trying to gouge with crap on this site. That is one of the reasons so many great members have left and could give a rats ass about this site anymore. There are still a few good folks on here that offer assistance and reasonable deals but I have noticed more and more crap and everyone is to scared to call it out. Yes you do have a right to ask any amount you want but if you offer a frame missing rubbers, cracked lenses and so on... Then it is up to the good members to make it known so new folks don’t take it up the you know what for some dumbass price... Well there’s my 2 damn cents and a tad of frustration with folks like this. Report me if you like....:cool-20:

Username Hidden said:
You absolutely deserve to get blasted on here for trying to gouge with crap on this site. That is one of the reasons so many great members have left and could give a rats ass about this site anymore. There are still a few good folks on here that offer assistance and reasonable deals but I have noticed more and more crap and everyone is to scared to call it out. Yes you do have a right to ask any amount you want but if you offer a frame missing rubbers, cracked lenses and so on... Then it is up to the good members to make it known so new folks don’t take it up the you know what for some dumbass price... Well there’s my 2 damn cents and a tad of frustration with folks like this. Report me if you like....:cool-20:
I don't throw the term 'hero' around loosely, but..

Username Hidden said:
Y’all just got smurfed!

Username Hidden said:
I don't throw the term 'hero' around loosely, but..
I don’t often say much on here anymore but all the folks that believe it is ok to allow this to go on without some feedback (good or bad) from seasoned Oakley folks is BS in my mind. You want to grow this family not allow this crap to go on and a new member gets taken and figures it out a month later and leaves the site also. This is supposed to be a forum for new and old Oakley fanatics. Everyone here started at some point and has been taken advantage of and would have loved to have the knowledge of our members to help guide them, instead of getting taken for a ride. I speak from experience on getting taken but guess what, then I found this place and it was a wonderful place. And now it is somehow frowned upon to call out a **** deal...:mad-35:

Username Hidden said:
I don’t often say much on here anymore but all the folks that believe it is ok to allow this to go on without some feedback (good or bad) from seasoned Oakley folks is BS in my mind. You want to grow this family not allow this crap to go on and a new member gets taken and figures it out a month later and leaves the site also. This is supposed to be a forum for new and old Oakley fanatics. Everyone here started at some point and has been taken advantage of and would have loved to have the knowledge of our members to help guide them, instead of getting taken for a ride. I speak from experience on getting taken but guess what, then I found this place and it was a wonderful place. And now it is somehow frowned upon to call out a **** deal...:mad-35:
Thanks Papa. @matbr egr 🙂. All you buddy.

Username Hidden said:
I agree with what you're saying the forum has got a good amount of people that post their junk and an email address and lock their threads trying to catch new people out with stupid prices and those same people get caught in the hype and try and list what they have on here based on those stupid prices. Those people are parasites. But there is also some genuine people who may have bought an item for a much higher price in their country and base its value on that in which case they should be educated not ridiculed.
Exactly what I'm trying to say. Minus the beer. Thank you. Peace out. Aloha OF.

Status
Not open for further replies.