• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo1

Linegear is the best of the aftermarkets but having some lenses custom cut is fairly easy and while it will cost more than Linegear and take more time its worth it IMO. You can check lens compatibility here Cutting Lenses - What Works | Oakley Forum and xmetalmaniac and a couple other forum members do cuts for you at a $45ish rate plus whatever it costs you to buy the lenses. Generally speaking my experience is count on paying around $105 to $110 for a custom cut set of lenses whether you buy a pre cut set off someone in the exchange section or supply lenses to a cutter for the job.

Again, yes it costs more (Linegear is $55 to $70ish depending on the lens) but you DO get what you pay for. Really depends on how you treat your lenses too- I'm obsessive about lenses- I have several 10+ year old pairs that have 1000's of hours of wear time that look perfect so I don't think twice about spending north of $100 for a custom cut set. If however you find yourself scratching lenses a lot and you have a budget to keep your eye on, maybe a pair of Linegear lenses at $55 makes more sense. And no, the Monster Dog is NOT a compatible lens for R1 custom cuts to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks for that. I had checked that chart previously but just wondered if perhaps there was still some gaps in its comprehension. I am the same. I'm extremely careful with lenses. Havent scratched any yet. I have scratched lenses that were bough from eBay. But none I have scratched yet so I share your obcessiveness with lens condition. So. a good lens for me is worth the money. . I think linegear is the way maybe. I really wanted to have a custom cut Amber bip as i guess thats not something you see everyday in a pair of romeos. Haha. It's just to save the original lenses, if I managed to add a crack to them it would give me sleepless nights and I'd be kicking myself. Sad I know

get some custom cuts - i have mine from @salj838 and they fit perfectly. she deals on ebay as oakleyonthespot but will deal direct with forum members.

getting them ready cut negates the chance of messing up a perfectly good lens which can soon off set your great deal!

The romeos are awesome. But. The other great deal I alluded to. The £38 bnib Juliet on eBay. Well the seller must have been overly annoyed with his terrible deal, and shipped me a set of scratched Juliet lens instead. All the way from France. What will happen now is I will get a full refund. And then he will have to pay the return shipping as well! I Don't get my killer deal. But I get some satisfaction knowing that the seller loses a few euros return shipping. Bah humbug

The romeos are awesome. But. The other great deal I alluded to. The £38 bnib Juliet on eBay. Well the seller must have been overly annoyed with his terrible deal, and shipped me a set of scratched Juliet lens instead. All the way from France. What will happen now is I will get a full refund. And then he will have to pay the return shipping as well! I Don't get my killer deal. But I get some satisfaction knowing that the seller loses a few euros return shipping. Bah humbug

That sucks! Why would someone be so spiteful! To be honest, £38 is still awesome for a Juliet frame and I would have kept them but left negative feedback.

Yeap. Just am envelope with scratched Juliet lens in a little bag. Not even separated. Free to slide over wachother and get more scratched in transit.

That is bogus, hate ebay sellers like that... Idiot should of put a reserve on it if he didn't want it to go for cheap... Sorry to hear, but I guess you win some you lose some! Here's to the next being a winner!