• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo's?

Forgoten214

Oakley Beginner
Allentown, PA
Will Oakley release a new updated version of the Romeo's? They have the Juliet's and you can customize them but no more Romeo's kind of makes me upset because the Juliet's won't fit my head. (Large head)

Highly doubt it. In theory the Half X is the Romeo successor (though IMO the Half X is a miss for a line that always represented cutting edge design and tech) but the loss of the Romeo along with the XX appears to be part of a intentional strategy to pare down the X Metal line. If you want a larger X Metal I would recommend the X Squared.

I have the Half X it doesn't fit me I'm actually selling it in the classifieds. I figure the Romeo's are much larger I wish they made X frames for larger sized heads. :)

I'll see if I can get out to a Oakley store to find the X Squared but every time I go to sunglasshut they don't have any X frames. Maybe it's just my luck.

Pretty upset as these glasses are very expensive and have been a waste of money I guess. (Half X)

Romeo 2.0 was the updated version. Released in 2009. Not a very good update in my opinion, but how do you really update the Romeo?

Oh yea definitely, No way I'm going to take that chance again. I wanted the Half X I thought they where like the Romeo's and I got them for Christmas and they where way too small. Very upsetting.

Don't know if there are any O-Store's near me. I'm in Allentown, PA.

I think it would be cool if Oakley DID release a new version of the Romeo's. I think that the Half-x was a good attempt, but ultimately failed. The juliets are, in my opinion, oakleys greatest pair of sunglasses. They are Oakleys jewel pair. Despite the pit boss, and the c-six. The romeos are almost the same, and I think Oakley would do good to just re-run a line of the romeo 1.0. I'd buy a pair in a heartbeat

Back