• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeos

You know it bro! If I can't wear it, I'm not collecting it.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. I know there are collectors that have pairs they'll never wear. Because they don't want to ruin them. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's cool. But I buy them to show them off. Everything that I've bought will be worn. Unless I have two of them. Lol.

Big thanks to @Atticus, R1 #4 a custom black cerakote beauty. I now have my "carbon" R1 to match the Juliet.

20190322_195406.jpg

20190322_195357.jpg

20190322_195951.jpg

20190322_200241.jpg

That ruby looks pretty deep too! You've been spending a lot lately, mister!

Shhh! I am not if my wife asks. @Chris A Hardaway needs to spill the beans on what this particular "ruby" is. My man Atticus tells me they are the ones he had up a while back that are aftermarket. Nice clarity to them though.

Nice pics...you need a good custom XX to go with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've taken enough of my money for now....I do like those XX though...

Shhh! I am not if my wife asks. @Chris A Hardaway needs to spill the beans on what this particular "ruby" is. My man Atticus tells me they are the ones he had up a while back that are aftermarket. Nice clarity to them though.

You've taken enough of my money for now....I do like those XX though...
I bought some random "cheap" lenses for a project off ebay about a year ago. After buying that the seller in China reached out to me and told me he gets "authentic" oakley lens blanks on 8.75 base curve and did I want to buy a bunch for $20/pair. I told him I was hesitant (I thought their lenses were made in the USA for example).... But I agreed to buy 5 or 6 pair I think. When I got them in there was a really cool almost OO Red Polarized looking blank, a Ruby iridium blank, and I can't remember what else. I could tell immediately they weren't actual "authentic" oakley blanks for various reasons, but they were still nicer than the aftermakret blanks I've been accustomed to seeing from Essilor/Optisource,ABB vision etc.

Anyway, bottom line is if they are what I think they are I chopped em up and sold them for $60 a pair?!

Looks good @beau1890

I bought some random "cheap" lenses for a project off ebay about a year ago. After buying that the seller in China reached out to me and told me he gets "authentic" oakley lens blanks on 8.75 base curve and did I want to buy a bunch for $20/pair. I told him I was hesitant (I thought their lenses were made in the USA for example).... But I agreed to buy 5 or 6 pair I think. When I got them in there was a really cool almost OO Red Polarized looking blank, a Ruby iridium blank, and I can't remember what else. I could tell immediately they weren't actual "authentic" oakley blanks for various reasons, but they were still nicer than the aftermakret blanks I've been accustomed to seeing from Essilor/Optisource,ABB vision etc.

Anyway, bottom line is if they are what I think they are I chopped em up and sold them for $60 a pair?!

Looks good @beau1890

Thanks for the info my friend. Yes I believe these are those you speak of.