• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rory McIlroy Signs With Nike

I bet he will mainly be using the Nike clubs like tiger he was dropped by titleist I think
With all the $$$ he'll be getting from Nike, it will be far more important to have a swoosh on his hat, shirt, shoes, glove, and bag than it is on his clubs or ball. I think he will have more flexibility when it comes to his clubs. Like Tiger, I'm sure Nike will allow him to play with the clubs that fit his game the best...they'll just put a Nike stamp on them until they come out with some clubs that give him the results he's looking for.

Hopefully he doesn't start wearing Nike eyewear, but honestly he never wore the eyewear anyway. He always kept them on his damn head!

I dont believe this has anything to do with it, for now. This was to replace the FJ and another if I remember correctly. I thought about posting it up a couple weeks ago but since it didnt mess with the Oakley deal I blew it off.

Yep, it was to replace FJ and Titleist. I'm guessing Nike offered the most $$$, because I don't know why any company would want to lose someone with as much potential as Rory.

I'm not sure exactly what I think about this so far. New developments have come about since the last reply in this thread. Oakley is now sueing Nike (and Rors?) for breach of contract...I'm on my phone, cant get to specifics, but honestly it all sounds a bit shady on ALL parts. Id encourage you to google the latest news if you're interested in knowing more. I supported Rory even though he's beaten down my fellow American golfers pretty thoroughly the last 3 years (Ryder Cup :banghead: ) and being an Oakley guy was part of my reasoning...now he's just another run of the mill Nike pawn.
So here's to young Ror's getting a bad case of the shanks and yips in 2013!
;)

I'm not sure exactly what I think about this so far. New developments have come about since the last reply in this thread. Oakley is now sueing Nike (and Rors?) for breach of contract...I'm on my phone, cant get to specifics, but honestly it all sounds a bit shady on ALL parts. Id encourage you to google the latest news if you're interested in knowing more. I supported Rory even though he's beaten down my fellow American golfers pretty thoroughly the last 3 years (Ryder Cup :banghead: ) and being an Oakley guy was part of my reasoning...now he's just another run of the mill Nike pawn.
So here's to young Ror's getting a bad case of the shanks and yips in 2013!
;)

Nike and Rory both breached the contract he had with Oakley, which is why there is now a lawsuit going on.

Back