• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rose Polarized Lens

Avalon John

Oakley Beginner
Hi, new to the forum, overwhelmed.

Two years ago I lost the best pair of fishing glasses I've ever owned after tipping my kayak... They were a cheap Bass Pro Shops metal frame with some rose colored polarized lenses. The lenses were rose/pink based, provided sharp contrast and made the warm colors 'Pop' (for want of a better word). And they were polarized...

No pair of glasses since have come close until this summer I stumbled into a sunglass hut and tried some G30 polarized lenses. So I saved some money up and finally got them this weekend in a custom pair of Half Jacket 2.0s. I was somewhat disappointed when they arrived in the mail, as the view through the lenses was not as vibrant as I recalled from the summer... I had planned to buy a pair of backup lenses in case these got nicked or scratched, but think I want something different from the G30 that is both polarized and provides sharp contrast. And comes in the rose based...

What comes closest to my needs? The two I've seen that intrigue me are OO Positive Red Polarized and possibly a Polarized Prizm Lense. There is a pair of Polarized Prizm Flak Jacket XLs for fishing for $270 which is cost prohibitive for me, but willing to save up if anyone can confirm they are rose hued...

Any help is greatly appreciated, sorry for the long post!!

I know the OO+RED aren't rose..have you tried Vr28 or Vr28 black iridium polar? both are nice contrast lenses..I personally like OO BIP and Tungsten

From what I remember the OO red iridium polarized has a rose tint to it. The base lens for this tint is G40; the same as OO black iridium polarized.

I will give those prizms a good look, I didn't know they made them in a polarized version other than the fishing ones.

From what I remember the OO red iridium polarized has a rose tint to it. The base lens for this tint is G40; the same as OO black iridium polarized.

I found that # on an Oakley Tint Guide online, but didn't know they still made it...

Back