• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Roughly a year later: Where does this board stand with Prizm?

Ontop of being a collector and fan, I'm also a retailer so I'll speak from that side:
-Goggles - this current winter we ONLY ordered/stocked prizm. EVERYBODY raves about it. It has converted a ton of non-Oakley guys into Oakley. The last 5/6 years of goggles has been focused around "easy to interchange" which was fine, except that you still have to haul around a 2nd lens. Being able to say "hey, why don't you just get a lens that works for 95% of what you need"? The biggest thing that people latch onto with prizm goggles is the definition of the small bumps and undulations which they've never seen before.
-Sunnies - not as big of a deal in sunglasses. The way it's marketed makes it sound like it would be great for that sport but not great at other things. I wear my prizm baseball a ton for all kinds of things and has become my go-to lens for just about everything I do.

Overall I think Prizm has been revolutionary in the industry... on here people bitch and moan about Oakley's lack of innovation. I find it funny because 90% of it is based around aesthetics.

Crazy feedback on the goggles end, doing as much as resulting in Oakley converts.

I figured sunglasses would be a mixed bag from a retailer perspective. It doesn't help that the only marketed casual lens is aesthetically basic, so it takes away from the idea of wanting to play with colors (of Iridium).

Hard to believe it's been a year already...

I've yet to get any cuts or anything; my Prizm array is strictly for Radarlock. So I don't get much everyday use out of them. I've tried them all in the store, but that has limited value. IRL I have trail, road, daily, and deep water.

Like carrera and others, I've found them useful but mostly use them for purposes other than their stated design.

Trail has become my favorite rain lens; it excels in that role.

Road IMO is the most beautiful-to-look-through I have, prizm or otherwise. Though it's actually designed for road biking, I use it for driving. A little insufficient for full-on Texas summer sun, but great for anything from partly cloudy down to weather where it's time to switch to trail... My road trip down to Port Aransas last summer was mostly done wearing road and I couldn't stop noticing how nice everything looked.

Daily I initially found a bit disappointing, didn't think I'd use it that much. But it grew on me, has become my favorite lens for doing yardwork.

Deep H2O is the one I've used closest to its intended purpose; I've used it on boats and at the beach. It works quite well, also for all-around purposes, though its relatively-brownish tint is less pleasing compared to daily and road.

In general I've found the product to be a success but I've gotten less use out of them than I expected. I wish there were more polarized options. I'd also like to see the goggle versions available for sunglasses.

Perhaps I'll get some cuts sometime and then get more daily use of the product.

I have only one prizm lens, and that is on my uranium Radar EV Path- the Prizm Road.
When I first put those shades on, I could immediately feel a difference and an enhancement in my vision.
As a mountain biker and road cyclist, the prizm was a massive improvement over the old oakley lenses in my opinion.
After showing it to the biggest oakley hater in the world and making him wear it (my bro :eek:) the prizm convinced him to get a pair of holbrooks...
In the other range of prizm, I don't know as I don't own them

Hard to believe it's been a year already...

I've yet to get any cuts or anything; my Prizm array is strictly for Radarlock. So I don't get much everyday use out of them. I've tried them all in the store, but that has limited value. IRL I have trail, road, daily, and deep water.

Like carrera and others, I've found them useful but mostly use them for purposes other than their stated design.

Trail has become my favorite rain lens; it excels in that role.

Road IMO is the most beautiful-to-look-through I have, prizm or otherwise. Though it's actually designed for road biking, I use it for driving. A little insufficient for full-on Texas summer sun, but great for anything from partly cloudy down to weather where it's time to switch to trail... My road trip down to Port Aransas last summer was mostly done wearing road and I couldn't stop noticing how nice everything looked.

Daily I initially found a bit disappointing, didn't think I'd use it that much. But it grew on me, has become my favorite lens for doing yardwork.

Deep H2O is the one I've used closest to its intended purpose; I've used it on boats and at the beach. It works quite well, also for all-around purposes, though its relatively-brownish tint is less pleasing compared to daily and road.

In general I've found the product to be a success but I've gotten less use out of them than I expected. I wish there were more polarized options. I'd also like to see the goggle versions available for sunglasses.

Perhaps I'll get some cuts sometime and then get more daily use of the product.

been curious about the goggle versions, but the demos I've seen appear insanely strong with the rose tint. Kinda worried it'd backfire because the intended purpose is for an environment dominantly one color (white).

As far as vanity goes, it'd be pretty ballin, though.

They are very rose when you put them on, but after a few seconds it is fine. They seem to give the snow a pinkish hue (of the ones I have Rose is the most extreme with Prizm Black and Torch not being quite as pink), but details in the snow often have a slightly different tint to them (bluer) making it easier to read the slope. It isn't as extreme as in their promo videos, but they are good.
Considering they only cost a few dollars more than the normal lenses I can see how most skiers buying new equipment would go for prizm (Torch, Jade and sapphire also look great) instead of the normal lenses. The normal Prizm Rose doesn't look as cool, but also covers a wide range of conditions and seems to be preferred by many in competitions.

I didn't see a real in depth review for the Prizm golf so I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm an avid golfer and have had multiple pairs of glasses with the g30 lens which was phenominal. I heard how the prizm golf lens was supposed to be like a g30 on steroids and that had me a little skeptical. I bought a pair when the flak 2.0s came out and I was blown away by how it performed. I even went so far to bring my g30 radar locks with me to test the difference and it's a no brainer. The colors that the prizm brings out helps read a green a lot better than anything I've expiriened. The lens aslo helps you track the ball off the tee easier as well. The prizm golf is by far the best lens I have ever used for golf.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Prizm Baseball Infield custom cut lenses by Chris for my Juliets. I haven't had a chanse to use them outside yet, let alone for baseball (infield), but they sure do look nice. :)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I love my prism Daily lenses I don't wear them all the time however I'm enjoying them for just daily use. I would love to try out a set of road for driving.

PRIZM is successful because it enhances vision in a way that might be unprecedented. They might not be dazzling to look through/at, but they are highly functional and I wear them more often than polarized sunglasses.

has anyone compared a prizm road to a VR28 BIP before?im contemplating on getting a vr28 for driving but after reading this thread im considering prizm road for custom cut..

Latest Posts

Back