• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Roughly a year later: Where does this board stand with Prizm?

from what i've experienced:
prizm road is similar to OO Red polar (except prizm road have no polar)
prizm daily polar is similar to OO Black polar (except prizm doesn't have mirror coating)
prizm golf is similar to G30 (except it's much more red when looked through)
prizm deep water is similar if not identical to the deep water polarized
prizm shallow water is similar if not identical to the shallow water polarized

prizm deep water is similar if not identical to the deep water polarized

I assume by deep water polar and shallow water polar (non-prizm) you mean the deep blue polar and shallow blue polar fishing-specific lenses that preceded prizm?

I'd have to disagree with that one, about the deep varieties - the iridiums are quite different shades of blue, and the tints are even more different, prizm deep water is a tannish contrast while deep blue is a neutral grey...

For shallow water / blue, that may be more accurate, from a tint perspective - I've only seen shallow water in the store but shallow blue is a tannish contrast that seems similar...

I assume by deep water polar and shallow water polar (non-prizm) you mean the deep blue polar and shallow blue polar fishing-specific lenses that preceded prizm?

I'd have to disagree with that one, about the deep varieties - the iridiums are quite different shades of blue, and the tints are even more different, prizm deep water is a tannish contrast while deep blue is a neutral grey...

For shallow water / blue, that may be more accurate, from a tint perspective - I've only seen shallow water in the store but shallow blue is a tannish contrast that seems similar...

good point, it may be the poor lighting at my o store when i was mucking around with those

good point, it may be the poor lighting at my o store when i was mucking around with those
Have you tried them outside? Your opinion may change on some if not all of the lenses. They cannot be rated specifically on indoor use. I can't speak to the water lenses but the other prizm lenses are a completely different expirience than indoor use.

Have you tried them outside? Your opinion may change on some if not all of the lenses. They cannot be rated specifically on indoor use. I can't speak to the water lenses but the other prizm lenses are a completely different expirience than indoor use.

yeh i had the other prizms and took them in real life outdoor use except for the waters which were tested in-store only. My bad for including the last 2... probably shouldn't have mentioned them :headbang:

personally i really hate the golf prizm and road prizm. Golf was too uncomfortably red hued and road prizm delivered no real benefit for my biking in full sun conditions or for driving. Daily prizm is the only pair that gets the real use occasionally.

I posted comparison pics of prizm road and oo red polar here, if you're interested:

Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line

I love that post. Love it! I've seen it before but couldn't remember where... Now I know.

Kinda makes me want a Prizm road for my Flak 2.0's!

Maybe I'll post a trade thread to trade baseball outfields for prizm roads....

Did you find the trail as helpful in the rain as you hoped?

I love that post. Love it! I've seen it before but couldn't remember where... Now I know.

Kinda makes me want a Prizm road for my Flak 2.0's!

Maybe I'll post a trade thread to trade baseball outfields for prizm roads....

Did you find the trail as helpful in the rain as you hoped?

Yes. It's my favorite driving-in-the-rain lens, and I've since used it during a major downpour...

personally i really hate the golf prizm and road prizm. Golf was too uncomfortably red hued and road prizm delivered no real benefit for my biking in full sun conditions or for driving. Daily prizm is the only pair that gets the real use occasionally.

I can't comment on if road provided a "benefit", but I think they're very beautiful, especially with a broad view of primarily blue sky with a scattering of large cumulus clouds... the contrast and colors are amazing, richer than daily...

Latest Posts

Back